Thread: Instrument lighting dimmer

Post Thanks / Like

Instrument lighting dimmer

Delighted with my 2014 Octavia Hatch elegence. However this is the first car I have ever owned that did not have a dimmer for the instrument lighting cluster. What am I missing? thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Instruction Manual?

3. Thanks malabar thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mine has a adjuster next to the light switch

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by malabar View Post
    Delighted with my 2014 Octavia Hatch elegence. However this is the first car I have ever owned that did not have a dimmer for the instrument lighting cluster. What am I missing? thanks.
    I haven't found one either and I've looked in the handbook. All I can seem to do is put the satnav in night mode and that dims the screen, can't find a way to dim the instrument lighting cluster.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can adjust mine via the touch screen, it's in the lighting section i believe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Diverdave80 View Post
    I can adjust mine via the touch screen, it's in the lighting section i believe.
    You are of course correct, its either my age or my exceedingly small brain but I'd forgotten I'd already adjusted it there! However, it is a pain going through the menu each time you want to adjust it, if not dangerous taking your attention off the road if you try to do it while driving because it is an arse spending a minute doing it before setting off. Unlike The Technician's car there is definitely not a control next to the light switch but this of course would be the sensible option and cost all of a couple of quid to fit as standard I'm sure.