Thread: LED headlights

Post Thanks / Like

LED headlights

Hi all

I read somewhere that LED headlights can only be used on the dip setting (to be legal)

One thing I would like is a brighter lit way now that it is winter. Anyone had new LED or other bright (legal) bulbs fitted.

Post Thanks / Like
    replaced dipped & mains with led, £17 ebay, you would have to disable the cold check light warning with vcds, otherwise dash warning light is lit

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for that, I may still look into that for my Rapid.

Post Thanks / Like
    The only problem is, retro fitting LED's in ANY external light designed for incandescent bulbs is illegal. Personally I tried LED sidelight and number plate bulbs in my Octavia and I got fed up of them going wrong a flashing or flickering, even so called quality items from Osram and Philips so I gave up....

Post Thanks / Like
    As above they will not be legal, expect to fail your MOT and have lots of people flashing you. If you fancy some LED's put them in the courtesy lights and the boot.
    Hampshire and Berkshire 4x4 response "Classic" Aqua Blue 140 BHP Elegance 4x4, Park assist,RRP,Spare Wheel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting point. I had heard that only the dipped lights in LED were possible straight out of the factory, but I see a lot with full beam that are almost too bright.
    I think that I will stick with the incandescent. Less overall trouble.

Post Thanks / Like
    My yeti does not have LED's but it does have HID. They self adjust when turned on, both left to right and up and down to avoid dazzling oncoming cars, LED would need to be the same. Xenon conversions are also illegal unless self adjusting.
    Hampshire and Berkshire 4x4 response "Classic" Aqua Blue 140 BHP Elegance 4x4, Park assist,RRP,Spare Wheel.