Thread: EA 108 NOx engines

Post Thanks / Like
    Got another letter from skoda letting me know that there still working on solving the problem. Alas as there are so many engines involved it's taking longer to resolve. At least there keeping us up to date.

Got another letter today (8-8-2016) telling me they are able to carry out the technical measures relating to the NOx emissions. So I popped down to my local skoda garage and got I my car booked in tomorrow to get it sorted ?
    Last edited by colino6; 08-08-16 at 13:44.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry EA 10 engines8 NOx

Quote Originally Posted by colino6 View Post
    Got another letter from skoda letting me know that there still working on solving the problem. Alas as there are so many engines involved it's taking longer to resolve. At least there keeping us up to date.

Got another letter today (8-8-2016) telling me they are able to carry out the technical measures relating to the NOx emissions. So I popped down to my local skoda garage and got I my car booked in tomorrow to get it sorted ?
    Had my Superb done but not happy, seems to be a bit sluggish at times. Had 5 people in it and found it struggled up a hill had to use 2nd gear. It is going in for a check on Thursday but they say if there is no warning lights coming on and I cannot repeat the fault then there is nothing they can do.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got mine down about a yr ago now and touch wood I have had no adverse effects yet but knowing my luck it will go now

Post Thanks / Like
    Satsam
    The emissions update does not just get rid of the cheat software, it changes the injector spray pattern The injectors, egr and dpf all have to work much harder. A relative in Cornwall got her SEAT "fixed", it broke down in Wales with a failed egr. She was told to join the AA in case her car had to be transported back to Cornwall as so many valves were being changed there were none left.
    Skoda re beginning to say that if a "fixed" car suffered an egr or dpf failure after the fix they will replace twice within two years as long as it has done less than 160,000 miles and had been serviced by Skoda.
    A newish low mileage engine is less affected at first but may fail earlier than if it had not been "fixed".

Skoda have now started sending letters to owners who have already been "fixed" saying they will give much consideration to cars that fail post "fix".
    Hampshire and Berkshire 4x4 response "Classic" Aqua Blue 140 BHP Elegance 4x4, Park assist,RRP,Spare Wheel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info on that. I was wondering does the engine size matter i.e. Does it affect a 1.6 different to a 2.0?

Post Thanks / Like
    With the 1.6 Greenline Yeti, there has been talk of the injectors being replaced as well as a device changing the flow of fuel mix. I don't think the 1.6 Yeti "fixes" have started yet.
    Hampshire and Berkshire 4x4 response "Classic" Aqua Blue 140 BHP Elegance 4x4, Park assist,RRP,Spare Wheel.