Thread: Hello to all - Help needed please

Post Thanks / Like

Hello to all - Help needed please

Evening all. I'm a new member and have a brand new Skoda Fabia which I love but have one current issue at the moment. How do I open the boot with the engine still running? Useful when a friend wanted to get her bag as I pulled up outside her house. Instead I had to park up etc. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    You got a boot button somewhere on the drivers door? Or on your key? Or unlock all doors button?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 88adam88 View Post
    You got a boot button somewhere on the drivers door? Or on your key? Or unlock all doors button?
    I didn't spot any obvious door button and the key does have a button to unlock the boot but it didn't work whilst engaged. I will try the unlock all doors button though.
    Thanks for your time.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know about the Fabia but with the Yeti you can change the locking/unlocking in the MFD. Also if you make changes via the MFD many will be specific to the key in the ignition at the time, so if you have two keys you will need to do it to both of them.

This is from the online manual, have you tried just "cracking" the drivers door to see if the boot operates (can't manage to make the picture bigger). Here is a link to the manual http://skoda.polbisauto.pl/en/mini-a...#!pageId=90000

fabia snip.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by The Hood; 11-05-16 at 20:44.
    Hampshire and Berkshire 4x4 response "Classic" Aqua Blue 140 BHP Elegance 4x4, Park assist,RRP,Spare Wheel.

5. Thanks scottb thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum Scottb ...

How did you get on with the problem with the boot ?

7. Thanks scottb thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Might sound a bit odd but other then changing settings via diag the easiest way (while parked up) is open drivers door alittle and push the unlock button in the centre of the dash, this will unlock all doors including the boot. Regards Mark

9. Thanks scottb thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    Welcome to the forum Scottb ...

How did you get on with the problem with the boot ?
    I spoke to Skoda customer service and received this reply

"I have spoken with our Technical Support Team and they have confirmed the tailgate cannot be remotely opened using the key fob whilst the vehicle’s engine is running. The only time the tailgate can be opened whilst engine is running is if you manually open it from outside using the button on the boot lid. Please note, for the vehicles security and for safety reasons, we do not recommend leaving the key in the vehicle when you exit. I would further refer you to your vehicle’s Owner’s Manual for information and observations regarding the correct operation of the central locking system and tailgate."

Post Thanks / Like
    So you cant open it with the engine running then ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    So you cant open it with the engine running then ?
    Yet to try the unlock all doors button mentioned above with the engine running (I'm not very technical btw) but seems you can't.