Thread: Mirrorlink not working (never worked)

Post Thanks / Like

Mirrorlink not working (never worked)

Hi

I have had my Fabia 1.2 SEL for over a year and love the car, however I have never got Mirrorlink to work with my mobile phone. I did have a Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini, but recently changed to an S5 (which is on the Mirrorlink supported list).
    I have tried Sygic and RockScount, which are supported Mirrorlink apps, but when trying to connect my phone via the USB data cable (tried different cables) the system seems to try then just say 'Connection Cancelled' (this was also happening with the S5 Mini). Both phones sync to Bluetooth for the phone book fine.
    The local dealer have had the car twice to look at this and are not clued up on Mirrorlink at all, so I thought the Skoda forum might be the place.

I did put in my VIN onto the Balero web site a while back which informed me that there was an update, however the update would not install on the system via SDCard.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards, Brian

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik18 View Post
    Hi

I have had my Fabia 1.2 SEL for over a year and love the car, however I have never got Mirrorlink to work with my mobile phone. I did have a Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini, but recently changed to an S5 (which is on the Mirrorlink supported list).
    I have tried Sygic and RockScount, which are supported Mirrorlink apps, but when trying to connect my phone via the USB data cable (tried different cables) the system seems to try then just say 'Connection Cancelled' (this was also happening with the S5 Mini). Both phones sync to Bluetooth for the phone book fine.
    The local dealer have had the car twice to look at this and are not clued up on Mirrorlink at all, so I thought the Skoda forum might be the place.

I did put in my VIN onto the Balero web site a while back which informed me that there was an update, however the update would not install on the system via SDCard.

Regards, Brian
    I've had the same problem with my HTC 10 it did sort of work with my older HTC phone but not now, as I've been told there's no update for my phone I think mirrorlink is a nightmare and I'll never have that again

Post Thanks / Like
    There are two systems, mirrorlink and smartlink, I have neither. From memory one of them requires a code to make it work which costs around £150 and unless you pay and get the code it will never work I don't have either and cannot remember which one needs the payment.
    Hampshire and Berkshire 4x4 response "Classic" Aqua Blue 140 BHP Elegance 4x4, Park assist,RRP,Spare Wheel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cheers but I paid for the Sat nav app it did work but not with the new htc10

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik18 View Post
    Hi

Regards, Brian
    I managed to get this sorted in the end. I reverted to stock firmware in my Galaxy S5, and from the updated version of Android there was now the mirrorlink option in the settings. I got this to work OK, however did not then like the Sygic SatNav and the CoPilot app (which I use) does not support mirrorlink.

I think next time if I want a SatNav option I will just get a car with dedicated built in.

Thanks for the comments on the thread.
    Last edited by sputnik18; 23-04-17 at 14:13.