Thread: intermittent electrical fault?

Post Thanks / Like

intermittent electrical fault?

On occasions the car , a 2011 plate petrol VRS, is parked up locked and secure. On return to the car all four windows are partially or fully open ? Also with a mind of it's own the interior roof light for the rear passengers decides to switch on, again only on occasions. Electrical fault or poltergeist?

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a simular problem with my Superb. It turned out the drain holes for sun roof were blocked and water was getting in down windscreen frame and casing my problems.I unblocked the drain tubes and put hair dryer on wet wires and didn't suffer any more problems.
    Robert

3. Thanks pilgrim thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    This happened to me when i had a lexus many years ago, it turned out my key fob was getting pressed in my pocket while in work and as my car was outside the windows all opened and the car unlocked....

Was a feature where by pressing the unlock button for so many seconds resulted in all the windows going down and the car unlocking ....

Is this an option on the Octavia ?

5. Thanks pilgrim thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the suggestions, but unfortunately my Octavia doesn't have a sunroof and isn't so sophisticated as to open all the windows with the key fob, just on it's own when it feels like it. Minor niggle apart from the security issue, the car is too nice to have some toe-rag take it joyriding.