Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: VW cheat "fix" yes or no?????

Post Thanks / Like

VW cheat "fix" yes or no?????

Under the VW emissions cheat fiasco I have 3 cars in household affected,a VW,an Audi and a skoda,the VW was booked in on 3rd October 2016 for software update. Vw garage said that due to software problems at their end they could not perform update and they would contact us to rebook (not happy because they had the VW for more than 5 hours and never had the decency or courtesy to phone us to tell us this). More than 2 weeks later still no phone call from VW garage so I went online to VW complaints site to vent my frustration.

i was utterly stunned to read complaints and comments from VW owners who have already had this so called???,fix,within a day/s of FIX?,their cars start juddering,lose power between 4th and 5th gear and in one case juddered to a complete halt. On returning their cars to VW the common denominator appears to be egr valve FAILURE and VW claim it's nothing to do with so called fix (well they would deny liability wouldn't they)?,the price quoted to rectify is £1,395 and YOU as the customer WILL foot that bill,so it would appear that my gut feeling all along has been THERE IS NO FIX,if it was that simple there would never had been any reason to fit the cheat device in the first place.

Now after reading those comments and also an independent Italian associations report that AFTER the so called fix on an Audi the NOX emissions ROSE by 25% as well as fuel consumption WELL DOWN as well as loss of torque. Now as far as I'm concerned I AINT getting ANY of these cars done as they are running well,if it ain't broke don't fix it,has anyone had the so called fix?,your comments would be welcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't have it done, I am advising all my customers to ignore the recall, it is silly, portliness and stupid, the whole affair is a fiasco, they should have just left them alone, they are making things worse. On one forum the other day some bloke said something along the lines of "I had the recall and now the steering gone funny" or something like that, this saga is a can of worms, if ANYTHING goes wrong with a recalled car within weeks or even months of the work being done, some (many) ignorant or dishonest people are going to try it on with VW. I get shit like that quite often, a favourite of mine is "you did my front brakes and now my rears are worn out, what are you going to do?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Good on you Crasher telling customers not to get it done,as I said I was very dubious about this so called fix as it appeared too good to be true or with recent research,too BAD to be true. Can I ask your reasons for not getting it done as I suspect you have serious doubts about it and like me perhaps?,you reckon this is not a fix at all.

4. Thanks Crasher thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The whole saga is a fuss about nothing, the world is up its own arse, people being blown up in Syria and some nutter about to get in the White House and all people care about is a tiny infringement of European standards on various oxides of Nitrogen. OK it is a more serious infringement of (punitive) California standards but we don't live in those 8 states of the USA which uses the CARB standards. The car industry warned governments years ago that they would struggle to achieve these figures in a way the consumer could afford. Until this fiasco most people had never even heard the acronym NOX and even fewer understood what it meant, still don't! and it's just silly. The problem was caused by a number of factors such as over zealous standards and people being too mean to pay for them so the manufacturer cut corners, they all do it. the French have found that Nissan/Renault cars are often producing eight times the NOX than they were certified at, they are all at it and it's mainly because the consumer won't pay to high the targets politicians living in cloud cuckoo land have set.

6. Likes caf liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    At present i have a letter this week from Skoda saying that have still not got a fix and to basically bare with them. So much for it being sorted this year. It seems as though its not worth getting it done even if they contact me. At the beginning of the year i registered with a Solicitor in London who is taking a mass claim and they are keeping me informed by emails.

Post Thanks / Like
    We also received letters last week from skoda and Audi but absolutely nothing on letters mentioning that they did'nt have a fix,letters only said because of mass numbers of engines affected the chances of a 2016 recall were zilch. In the meantime anyone thinking of selling an affected car will find the trade in price vastly below what it should be and I'll bet that even if you trade in to a VW group franchise then you as the seller will be a loser.

Post Thanks / Like
    As regarding no win no fee solicitors then I'm afraid as a non American citizen you have no chance of any compensation,that's mainly down to our uk transport ministers who cried foul blah,blah,blah but are not willing to take VW to task over this fiasco. The only good and sensible thing our government did was to keep road tax prices as it was as they said the affected vehicle owners were oblivious to the cheat devices and bought these vehicles on the understanding the c.o emissions etc were true.

Post Thanks / Like
    Crasher,a question for you mate,as you mentioned you are telling your customers to ignore recalls,my questions are (a)according to VW they have already done 440,000 uk vehicles,is that figure just VW or the whole group including Audi,seat,skoda?
    (b) out of the 440,000 vehicles done are these across the whole engine range Ie 1.2,1.6,2.0ltr?
    (c) apart from a**holes claiming fix has affected steering what (if any) are the main complaints AFTER fix

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the software update and have had no problems.

Post Thanks / Like
    I put my Yeti (four years old) into the dealer to have the drivers door loom replaced and they called to say the fix was available and that they would be carrying it out. I told them I had received a letter from Skoda saying not ready yet. They replied it came through yesterday, after an "interesting" conversion I forbade them to do so, which produced threats of reporting me to Skoda, guess who won't see my car again.
    Hampshire and Berkshire 4x4 response "Classic" Aqua Blue 140 BHP Elegance 4x4, Park assist,RRP,Spare Wheel.

13. Thanks Crasher thanked for this post
    Likes Crasher, caf liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast