Thread: timing belt

Post Thanks / Like

timing belt

Hello, recently bought an Octavia 1.9 tdi BXE engine 2010. When is the timing belt due to be changed as the manual says 150 000 Km but no reference to time. I read on the Internet it's due every 4-5 years. Can please someone provide a link to any skoda site that can though some light on the matter?
    By the way car was registered in 2012 so for 2 years stayed in the dealer and was bought with 3 miles

Post Thanks / Like
    Every five years after 2009, it is NOT a VAG Germany recommendation however, this is something the UK importers decided on. I am not sure I agree with it but we have to stick to it because if we didn't and one failed we would be stuffed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi -
    I have a similar enquiry for my 2010 Octavia2 combo 4x4 wagon (estate) - Skoda NZ are advising me not needed to be changed until 260,000km, which seems very high to me ?
    it has the CFHC 2.0TDI engine, 6speed manual, and it is late 2010 making it 7 years old now and at 161,000km,
    I absolutely love the vehicle and suits me perfectly as we are rurally based on a farm, i commute a round trip of average 140km per day and it returns 4.7-5.2L/100km.
    it was previously owned by the Justice dept (:-) ) and hence has been regularly dealer serviced, it is std apart from a K&N air box std replacement filter, which made heaps of difference to both performance and economy :-) even though the one replaced was nearly new.
    any recommendations please?

thanks

Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Using a quick and dirty conversion 161,000 /5 x3 that is around 96,000 miles. If you are going to keep the car I would be inclined to change the belt and water pump for peace of mine. That is a lot of miles, stress and temperature changes for a rubber belt.
    Hampshire and Berkshire 4x4 response "Classic" Aqua Blue 140 BHP Elegance 4x4, Park assist,RRP,Spare Wheel.