Thread: Octavia RS DSG

Post Thanks / Like

Octavia RS DSG

Hi all, I'm looking for a few hints/tips about driving a DSG. Been driving for nearly 30 years and I've only had a 10 minute test drive in a Golf GTE Automatic. Ordered an Octavia RS Automatic. No idea about flappy paddles or sport modes etc..Do I just plant my right foot down and let the car decide what to do or can I have some interaction with the car. I think I will have to tie my left leg to the seat just in case I go to press the clutch/brake!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    You will grow to love the DSG unit used with the larger engines, they are nearly bullet proof and can take huge power increases and be modified themselves if required. There are manual and auto options plus wheel paddles but most of the time it is stick it in D and enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are several different DSG boxes, a 170 Yeti owner recently had his fail due to a missed filter and oil change. The replacement box was over £5K before a goodwill payment from Skoda UK and the dealer. It was a PCP vehicle with a service contract but the dealer claimed the contract did not include the DSG oil change, so make sure you have any required servicing carried out, don't assume the dealer will tell you when it is needed.
    Hampshire and Berkshire 4x4 response "Classic" Aqua Blue 140 BHP Elegance 4x4, Park assist,RRP,Spare Wheel.