Thread: Tyre Pressure Warning Light

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Tyre Pressure Warning Light

Our Yeti has had an intermittent tyre pressure warning since it was 6 months old.

First off its not the tyre pressure.... I've checked them multiple times with a calibrated gauge.

It comes on (and goes off) by itself. Skoda have had the main dealer investigate this for the last 2 1/2 years. When they plug in their laptop it comes up as a suspension fault!!

Skoda UK have had them do a full wheel alignment check, change shock absorbers, change tyres, change a wheel and yet the light still comes on.

Skoda customer Support are now totally washing their hands of it. They say its due to the A & B roads we drive on setting the warning light off because this system measures wheel speeds not tyre pressures. Apparently if you only drive on smaller roads and don't do long runs the light will come on.

First off why did it take 6 months for the fault to first rear its head???

If I took the car in for an MOT with the light on it would fail!

Has anyone else had this problem or is it just us?

Post Thanks / Like
    The tyre pressure warning light uses the abs sensors to "count" the wheel revolutions. I would have though it was caused by an abs sensor with an intermittent fault, did they ever change the sensor?
    Hampshire and Berkshire 4x4 response "Classic" Aqua Blue 140 BHP Elegance 4x4, Park assist,RRP,Spare Wheel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope they refused to change them!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Hood View Post
    The tyre pressure warning light uses the abs sensors to "count" the wheel revolutions. I would have though it was caused by an abs sensor with an intermittent fault, did they ever change the sensor?