Thread: Any Forman Drivers ?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Any Forman Drivers ?

Hi

Im sure we have some Skoda Forman drivers or at least some one who has driven one ?

Post Thanks / Like

forman ( estate driver)

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    Hi

Im sure we have some Skoda Forman drivers or at least some one who has driven one ?
    Hi I am new to this forum but I am a member of the Skoda GB club. I have owned three Skoda cars over the years, a 110, a new Favorit Forum in moonstone which I traded in 6 months later to get the new Favorit Estate LX which Skoda had just brought out. I owned that car for nine years as a daily driver, it even pulled our Sprite caravan and in all that time it never missed a beat or failed an MOT.
    I have owned many cars since, more expensive so called quality cars and none have been as reliable. So a few months ago purely for nostalgic reasons I went searching for another Favorit Estate and found one which has slumbered for twenty three years. The car had only done 450 miles from new.

Although it came to me with a new MOT and serviced I have gone from front to back checking it over and improving it. I removed the slight surface rust from the suspension and wish bones and repainted them, rebuilt the brakes and the servo was overhauled as that was not working. The antifreeze was drained although new, and 50/50 mix of "frostock" replenished along with heater matrix seals, the sun roof seal was removed, cleaned and replaced. I have now run the car in and it is now driving lovely having loosened off both in engine, gearbox and steering. It is now showing 1,035 miles and is booked in for its first service and stamp in the service book.

Jobs to do are refurbish the alloy wheels and change the 23 year old Goodyear Grand Prix S tyres, although I had them inspected and they show no signs of cracks or flattening which means the car was stored on axel stands with the wheels in the air or removed. Restore the door mirror mounts - satin black as well as the rear door window runners and clear waxoil the car. The Skoda still smells like a new car inside and I smile every time I sit in it, as it transports me back to when my kids would argue in the back , my wife had shoulder pads in her jackets and my mobile phone was the size of a small house.

The built in torch does not work (did they ever) and the gas strut which holds up the glove box door makes me smile such a bonkers design. I love the sharp lines of the early Favorit as opposed to the softer Felicia and the early Favorit dash screams look comrades we are getting down with the kids, push buttons and everything. Thin A posts and lots of glass means the cabin is nice and light with an excellent view of the road, no air bags, no satnav, no distractions whilst driving, five button's to push and a Phillips AM FM cassette radio. " it's a girl my lord in a flat bed ford slowing down to take a look at me"

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear All,

I am new to the skoda forum. I have a skoda foreman blueline edition that was bought sometime in 1995. I wish to check where can I find the left and right rear doors new weather strips as in Malta it is very difficult to find new ones.

Regards

James

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear All

I have an Octavia, 44,000 miles, about to be serviced, would the spark plugs need changing?

regards

lesley