Thread: Skoda Fabia Estate

Post Thanks / Like

Skoda Fabia Estate

Hey,

the Fabia estate seems to be very popular with people, has anyone got one .. what are they like as an estate car ?

Post Thanks / Like
    We have one of those. Goes well and quite roomy. Some people would complain that the rear hatch does not open down to the level of the boot floor. We don't find it a problem but it could be if you had to load large heavy objects.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know this is an old thread, but still may be of interest to someone!

A couple of years ago we moved from a 1.2 petrol hatch to a 1.6 TDi estate, 4 years newer, (2011) but similar mileage. Whether the heavier engine makes a difference, I don't know, but the whole car seemed much more solid for starters.

On the down side, the suspension, as expected for a load lugger, is harder, and particularly if the cargo cover is open, it 'booms' a bit. The cargo cover itself is possibly the best design I have seen on any hatch or estate, much better for instance than my sister's Mondeo estate, and indeed the Fabia hatch's.

i note the previous comment re the raised lip, and I agree, particularly when lifting deadweight bags of garden centre compost out of the boot! Not a worry at other times though. TBH, I don't think it's the lip that's high, it's the boot floor that's low, giving maximum load capacity.

I like the rear headrest design, as unlike on th hatch, they don't have to be removed to fold the rear seats, provided they are in their lowest position.

Overall, we prefer the Estate, but that could be partly because of different engine ( the 1.2 kept burning out coil packs, but that's another story!)
    Just my opinion, do not shoot me if it differs from yours!

Cars: 2011 Fabia Elegance Estate 1.6 diesel (Mrs Baxlin)
    Bright red Volvo C70 and JZR sports 3wheeler (me)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey am new to skoda easte 1.2 2009 model looking for advice on how to change the clock. No manual for it.no buttons on the dash like on the manuals online need help please an thank u

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by weesarah81 View Post
    Hey am new to skoda easte 1.2 2009 model looking for advice on how to change the clock. No manual for it.no buttons on the dash like on the manuals online need help please an thank u
    On mine there are 2 bottons below the speedo panel which do it.
    You can download a pdf version if you google "Skoda manual"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedwell View Post
    On mine there are 2 bottons below the speedo panel which do it.
    You can download a pdf version if you google "Skoda manual"
    Sorry! Did not read the last line of your post until too late

Post Thanks / Like
    Mines dont have that av got the trip button an that it. There is a rest/ok button on the window wipers handle. Not pressed it yet scared to lol thanks for the reply tho.