Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: oil light

Post Thanks / Like
    Car always gets oil and filter change every 10k,car has now done 70k,oil was changed only 2 weeks ago

Post Thanks / Like
    Reply to pixster regarding fan operating when engine shut down,I also get this,contacted skoda garage and told it is nothing to worry about as its the dpf filter still doing regeneration cycle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
    Reply to pixster regarding fan operating when engine shut down,I also get this,contacted skoda garage and told it is nothing to worry about as its the dpf filter still doing regeneration cycle
    As long as it does not happen very often it is not a problem. If it happens regularly the DPF may not be getting fully regenerated. If that is the case a good blast down the motorway would do it good.
    Hampshire and Berkshire 4x4 response "Classic" Aqua Blue 140 BHP Elegance 4x4, Park assist,RRP,Spare Wheel.

Post Thanks / Like
    The yellow light is a level warning and the level sensor is in the sump. The instruments need to see that the bonnet has been opened or else it will not clear the warning, opening the bonnet resets the level for 100km (62 miles), so have you checked the oil level?

Post Thanks / Like
    Oil level checked and fine,put car into garage yesterday and they checked everything out and conclusion was its a wiring fault. I got the garage auto electrician to check it today and he found 2 corroded wires sited at crossmember near steering rack. He said the encased wires had been chaffing against crossmember, I would not expect that to happen to a car registered in July 2015,sadly it's out of warranty 70k miles so no comeback. It also caused no oil temperature reading on mfd.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12