Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: oil light

Post Thanks / Like

oil light

Hi i am a new member
    I have a 62 plate octavia 1.6 diesel it is a taxi, I have had it serviced a just over a week ago I've driven about 1100 miles and the oil light came on is this right.
    Also on occasion when I turn off the engine it sounds like there is a fan doing overtime.
    Any advice would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is the light yellow or red? if it is yellow it may be that the chaps changing the oil did not set the level high enough, if it is red, STOP!

Post Thanks / Like
    I stopped and put oil in I was just wondering if this was right so soon after getting it serviced any ideas about the fan noise after the engine has been switched off.
    Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you check the oil level? I presume it was the yellow light? If it was the yellow light, the action of simply opening the bonnet will turn the light off for 62 miles. The fans running after switch off could be one of a few problems, you need to see if the fans are running excessively (air conditioning off) when the engine is running. At this time of year and in normal conditions the fans should hardly ever come on anyway. The car will need a full code scan again even if it was done recently.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi again
    red oil light came on again went to garage guy put in on the diagnostics no fault recorded any ideas why this
    would be?

Post Thanks / Like
    Because it is not a sensor system that has any link to the cars diagnostics systems apart for an indication to the instruments when the oil pressure is correct. How long does this red light come on for, does it goes off by itself or when you turn the engine off, in what sort of driving conditions, does a warning chime accompany the light, was the oil level low, how many miles has the engine covered in total?

Post Thanks / Like
    The cars done over 100,000 miles the conditions are dry the chimes dp accompany it sometimes the light will go off itself other times you need to turn the engine off.
    Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Oil level not low also

Post Thanks / Like
    It could be a false alarm or contamination in the sump. Sometimes when a car has a high build-up of sludge, if someone does an oil chnage (and possibly also adds a flushing additive such as Forte so check your bill) this can cause all the debris in the engine to come away and block up the oil pump pick up tube so the sump would have to be removed for cleaning. This tends to afflict cars that only have limited oil changes such as one that has done 100K miles and only had four oil changes, sound familiar?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all,I got yellow oil pressure warning light on dash last week,went to trusted local garage and pressure sensor changed,all was well until I drove about 8 miles then yellow warning again oil sensor workshop flashed up. As its new year my taxi skoda superb 1.6 tdi is stuck in limbo until wed 3rd Jan when garage reopens,any suggestions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast