Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This place is waste of time

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi I am a new member to this forum, I am also a member of the Briskoda forum which frankly got right up my nose, I noticed a cleverer than thou attitude, one guy posted about how pleased he was with his new to him Skoda, only to be shot down by one of the frequent posters. The same frequent poster tried it on with me but I have been a supporter of motorcycle forums for years and he got short shrift. As with all forums or one make club magazines they are only as good as the members make them. New people joining are the life blood of car and bike clubs and forums. They may ask daft questions but at least they are asking them. Give it time this site will grow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ian9 try posting more!

Post Thanks / Like
    every post helps... we are trying

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree every post helps I wasnt agreeing with the original post in any way its only by every one in the community posting but also answering to other peoples posting hope the forum becoms mpre prolific in the future its all down to the members

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by retroskoda View Post
    I am also a member of the Briskoda forum which frankly got right up my nose
    I had the same experience, I thought I was the most big headed arrogant know all twat around and yet I was shocked how low I came in the "knob with a large chip on his shoulder" rankings...

Post Thanks / Like
    I know what you mean , someone will post I've got problem X and someone will write "ive never had a problem with my X" etc

Post Thanks / Like
    Well i am looking forward to a change from Briskoda so will be jumping on when i can... I have seen the two Ford Focus forums fordxr5turbo and XR5OC here in Aus go from strength to strength so i cant see why with the right people and good imput this one wont grow.. I dont claim to be a VAG guru I just love cars and have learnt heaps from said forums....
    2011 Race Blue Skoda Octavia VRS 125 TDI Manual with Maxchip Pro, Eibach Pro Kit, Bilstein B8's, Short Shift Quick Shifter (Ebay)
    2013 Platin Grey Skoda Yeti Tdi

8. Likes baxlin liked this post
    Dislikes baxlin disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got an e-mail inviting me to post. well here it is. There won't be another. Bought a Skoda in 2013 on impulse. What was I thinking? Ultimately gave it to my daughter to drive around in. She's not that happy about it but a "gift horse" and all that. I repaired my reputation by buying a second hand Ford. Much better, and you can get long wave on the radio.

10. Dislikes baxlin disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by caf View Post
    Well i am looking forward to a change from Briskoda so will be jumping on when i can... I have seen the two Ford Focus forums fordxr5turbo and XR5OC here in Aus go from strength to strength so i cant see why with the right people and good imput this one wont grow.. I dont claim to be a VAG guru I just love cars and have learnt heaps from said forums....
    oops, sorry, it was the next post I wanted to dislike, and I can't see how to in-dislike!!
    Just my opinion, do not shoot me if it differs from yours!

Cars: 2011 Fabia Elegance Estate 1.6 diesel (Mrs Baxlin)
    Bright red Volvo C70 and JZR sports 3wheeler (me)

12. Likes caf liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deerplay View Post
    Got an e-mail inviting me to post. well here it is. There won't be another. Bought a Skoda in 2013 on impulse. What was I thinking? Ultimately gave it to my daughter to drive around in. She's not that happy about it but a "gift horse" and all that. I repaired my reputation by buying a second hand Ford. Much better, and you can get long wave on the radio.
    My previous car a ford mondeo same age as my Octavia is rusting in peace with less than (100k on her) as The Wingedarrow clocks the miles and sends her postcards from the various destinations the ford can only dream off. With her radio tuned into whatever station is desired.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast