Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Squealy brakes

Post Thanks / Like

Squeely brakes update

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
    I will indeed, I've got to go back so they can record the noise! The disc change worked for 4-5 weeks, will be interested to se if it worked for yours and for how long?
    Hi .. did either of you get these brakes sorted as I am having the same problem with a Skoda Fabia Estate. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Brakes

Quote Originally Posted by UsFour View Post
    Hi .. did either of you get these brakes sorted as I am having the same problem with a Skoda Fabia Estate. Thank you.
    I am having exactly the same problem- should we worry about it or is it doing no harm?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    I am having exactly the same problem- should we worry about it or is it doing no harm?
    Hi Peanut ... sorry for delay ... I have been told by two small independant garages that the brakes are fine (i.e. that the pads don't need replacing) but that it is the material used which causes them to squeal. I think on the original thread somebody mentioned that when they did need replacing that they didn't use skoda pads but used some from India I think? I can't find the original thread now.

I have noticed that they tend to squeal more in certain types of weather but for the life of me I can't remember which type is the worst !! I've got used to it a bit now but when they do squeal I find giving them a good hard emergency stop can make them better.

A bad fault in Skoda Fabia brake pads IMO. In this day and age we shouldn't have to put up with annoying stuff like this.

All the best.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12