Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VW cheat "fix" yes or no?????

Post Thanks / Like
    Tornado,

a) No idea
    b) Not sure but the 1.6CR seems to be the one that allegedly needs the most work
    c) What I have experienced is increased diesel knock and customers have said flatter performance and increased fuel consumption.

I would tell them to stick their fix where the sun doesn't shine, there is nothing wrong with the cars in the first place, it's silly, people dying all over the place and economies on the brink and all people can get upset about is a software sub routine that doesn't even work in Europe! Insanity. As for compensation, I have nothing but contempt for those that think they are deserving and I am disappointed in those who would accept it. There is no justification whatsoever for any compensation, it has been shown that the cars have not suffered in value as a result so why compensate anyone? No one has yet to give me a convincing argument as to why they should receive any "compo", it's just blood sucking.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply guys,as regarding my original post that's a whole month gone by and no word from VW to rebook the polo in,(it ain't getting done anyway) but have they (a) conveniently forgotten to rebook (b) the so called software fix has opened up the can of worms Crasher mentioned?,

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys i had mine done friday not knowing that it would effect my car and im so upset my beautiful VRS drives so bad with no power and steering is so heavy!! Plus i came to pick the car up and the warning lights was on the dashboard so i went in and said to them about the warning light and they turned around saying they not done anything, its like that because the car been remapped! I said i haven't done it i must brought it like that but why would my car be like this because of a remap but they said its a ECG that needs replacing and ill have to pay for it? No way! So im stuck now with this problem and dont know what to do? Any help thanks?

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are told to get the recall done, tell them to get stuffed and they can report it to who the hell they like, this is NOT a Police state!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah too right mate! If anyone had the same as me please let me know and what you did. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mrs Baxlin's taken her elderly Mum on holiday in her 1.6 diesel Fabia, which has not had the fix (nor will it!) and it's gone into limp mode. Both the RAC and a local indie have diagnosed EGR valve failure. Unfortunately it seems there have been no OE parts available since at least February, due to demand, caused, apparently by the number of failures following the recall "fix".

we have been able to source a pattern part, and the local indie was willing to fit it, so that Mrs B has only had to extend their hol by one day while it was being done.

Gone are the days when the EGR valve could be bypassed, as it was on my BMW-engined Rover 75, or cleaned, as on my SAAB 1.9 diesel......
    Just my opinion, do not shoot me if it differs from yours!

Cars: 2011 Fabia Elegance Estate 1.6 diesel (Mrs Baxlin)
    Bright red Volvo C70 and JZR sports 3wheeler (me)

Post Thanks / Like
    A relative had her SEAT "fixed" and it broke down in Wales, due to a shortage of parts she was advised to join the AA in case she needed to be transported home to Cornwall!!!!!!!! Luckily a part was found and she drove from Wales to Cornwall.
    Unless you have an almost new or very low mileage car avoid the fix as the changed injector patterns and lower temperature will increase soot putting more strain on the EGR and DPF. If you do have it done use premium diesel (V Power etc) as it runs hotter.
    Hampshire and Berkshire 4x4 response "Classic" Aqua Blue 140 BHP Elegance 4x4, Park assist,RRP,Spare Wheel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hood View Post
    Unless you have an almost new or very low mileage car avoid the fix as the changed injector patterns and lower temperature will increase soot putting more strain on the EGR and DPF. If you do have it done use premium diesel (V Power etc) as it runs hotter.
    Thanks for this, we have come to the same conclusion, our 61reg Fabia has done just short of 60k miles, and as a second car mainly does shortish journeys, not ideal for a diesel, we appreciate. Might try premium diesel, good shout.

edit update: car returned today, and a no problem drive from Harrogate to Nottingham.
    Last edited by baxlin; 10-06-17 at 19:31.
    Just my opinion, do not shoot me if it differs from yours!

Cars: 2011 Fabia Elegance Estate 1.6 diesel (Mrs Baxlin)
    Bright red Volvo C70 and JZR sports 3wheeler (me)

Post Thanks / Like
    So far I have had four letters, the last one offering to carry out the "fix" at a place of my choice, i.e. work, home etc, and a phone call. If you get a call it is a non Skoda call centre so no point in loosing your temper with them.
    Hampshire and Berkshire 4x4 response "Classic" Aqua Blue 140 BHP Elegance 4x4, Park assist,RRP,Spare Wheel.

10. Thanks baxlin thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of my colleagues has registered with law firm who are claiming against vw group for compensation,he showed me an email he got from them regarding performance and problems from hundreds of clients AFTER so called FIX.The egr failure was mega among complaints as was loss of power,increased fuel consumption and a host of other problems. As Baxlin rightly states the egr problem is so severe it is almost IMPOSSIBLE for the vw group to scource replacement egr valves,yes it does seem vw have opened up a very large can of worms as in most cases as previously stated they are NOT conceding it is THEIR fix that has caused egr failure.

12. Thanks baxlin thanked for this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast