Thread: Oil and Air filter for Rapid Diesel spaceback ?

Post Thanks / Like

Oil and Air filter for Rapid Diesel spaceback ?

Hi Folks,
    I bought my 2016 model diesel Rapid spaceback a few weeks ago and still finding things that are new to me.I like to keep some service items in the garage so that when I come to do any jobs they are to hand.I have just been into the "Euro Car Parts" site to look for brake pads,w/wipers, and oil etc. but when I went to look for oil and air filters, it came up with "no informaton".
    Can anyone enlighten me if the 1.4 tdi engine has some system whereby it doesn't need these filters.I used to have a Simca 1500 many years ago and this had a sytem that you could clean out and put back,maybe the 1.4i engine is the same,but as regards the air filter? perhaps they are like the old VW where it was an oil bath type that could also be cleaned out.
    I would be interested in any information received.
    Many thanks
    Thelmalan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelmalan View Post
    Hi Folks,
    I bought my 2016 model diesel Rapid spaceback a few weeks ago and still finding things that are new to me.I like to keep some service items in the garage so that when I come to do any jobs they are to hand.I have just been into the "Euro Car Parts" site to look for brake pads,w/wipers, and oil etc. but when I went to look for oil and air filters, it came up with "no product found"
    Can anyone enlighten me if the 1.4 tdi engine has some system whereby it doesn't need these filters.I used to have a Simca 1500 many years ago and this had a sytem that you could clean out and put back,maybe the 1.4i engine is the same,but as regards the air filter? perhaps they are like the old VW where it was an oil bath type that could also be cleaned out.
    I would be interested in any information received.
    Many thanks
    Thelmalan

Just been into the Euro car parts site again today and it seems they do have oil filers now, but as regards the air filters, it stll says "No product found"

Post Thanks / Like
    If you use Eurocarparts, you should also look at carparts4less it is the same people and products, but lower prices.
    Hampshire and Berkshire 4x4 response "Classic" Aqua Blue 140 BHP Elegance 4x4, Park assist,RRP,Spare Wheel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks a lot, will give them a try.
    Cheers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just tried carparts4less and you are quite right,eg. an oil filter is about £4 cheaper.
    Cheers.

Post Thanks / Like
    They are both the same firm which is completely bonkers. If you need a new battery and go for Bosch compare with a Varta battery. Bosch don't make batteries they rebadge Varta. An 096 Bosch with a five year warranty for a Yeti is £156 from ECP a Varta (same product number so exactly the same item) is £88 on Amazon.
    Hampshire and Berkshire 4x4 response "Classic" Aqua Blue 140 BHP Elegance 4x4, Park assist,RRP,Spare Wheel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    As a matter of interest,I have just priced 5ltr of oil for my rapid,EuroCarpart £52.99 Carparts4less £37.08 What a saving,thanks for the info.
    Cheers,
    Thelmalan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    Just had a great saving with carparts4less.My daughter needed a battery for her Citroen Dispath van.Eurocarspares wanted £114.99 and carparts4less £65. What a saving. Many thanks.
    Alan.