Thread: Slight noise when changing gears - Rapid 1.2

Post Thanks / Like

Slight noise when changing gears - Rapid 1.2

Dear all - apologies in advance if this is a stupid question - not only do I know next to nothing about cars but I am also paranoid about anything that goes wrong having been stung in the past by a previous money-pit of a car (not a Skoda!). I have purchased my first Skoda with durability and reliability in mind!

I have had a '14 plate Rapid 1.2 for the 6 weeks nearly now - I am the second owner and she has just shy of 21000 miles on the clock.

Tonight when returning home I had my radio off (exceptionally) so I noticed on some occasions (not all) when changing gear a very quiet "clicking" noise (more like a dull thud) when bringing the clutch back up.

I would estimate that this was happening in about every 1 in 10 changes, give or take - doesn't sound "unhealthy" - just like the plates coming together.

Is this normal? Do I need to be concerned?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would say you have cause for concern. Earlier this month our Skoda Rapid clutch packed in altogether, a very sudden problem. Because the car is over 6 months old 25 mnonths old) We have had to pay £1112 for repairs - apparently after a combined over 100 years driving between my husband and myself, we don't know how to change gear
    Gwen Puckrin

Post Thanks / Like
    Gwen, could you private message me your registration number please?
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    There are no common faults listed on the system, in your private message you mentioned honest John, don't take any notice of what you read on there, him and most subscribers have not the faintest idea of what they are on about, I gave up trying to help people on there as all they seemed to want to do was whinge.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like

Skoda Rapid clutch problems

Thank you for that - maybe they are right, then and we need to learn how to change gear on a Skoda!!

Gwen

Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    There are no common faults listed on the system, in your private message you mentioned honest John, don't take any notice of what you read on there, him and most subscribers have not the faintest idea of what they are on about, I gave up trying to help people on there as all they seemed to want to do was whinge.