Thread: Kodiaq epc light

Post Thanks / Like

Kodiaq epc light

Picked up my new kodiaq 2 weeks ago and in the first week had the epc light come on twice .
    Back to the dealers and they updated the software.
    All was ok until today when up pops the epc light again.
    Car loses power.
    Back to dealers and told it's a sensor faulty and it's now with them over the weekend.
    I've seen this is a common problem with VW engines so let's hope this gets fixed.
    Anyone else had this problem with the 1.4 tsi

Post Thanks / Like
    EPC = electric problem.
    "Check Engine" = problem with Engine (ex. TSI...)

Post Thanks / Like
    i have a same problem. now discussing with dealer to make a test. did you solve it and what was the reason?

Post Thanks / Like
    The EPC light does not go out after starting the engine or turns on while driving. A common case in this model is the death of the stop light switch located under the pedal. This is the reason for 99% so first check the operation of the stop lights

Post Thanks / Like
    EPC stands for Electronic Performace Control and does not actually exist, it is a complex algorithm in the engine ECU software which uses data from various sensors such as the one under your right foot and other data over the vehicles CAN BUS communications network to operate the throttle valve and provide you with the torque you are asking for in a controlled manner with monitoring for safety purposes. Last week I had a young lady in with a Leon and the EPC light on, the fault code said brake LIGHT switch “F” (not brake pedal switch “F4” which is in the same assembly) but actually it was a blown brake light fuse, she had no brake lights and no one had told her, people don’t these days and I do it less and warily as I have had some alarming responses from drivers, did it twice yesterday and got OK but slightly rattled responses.

Post Thanks / Like
    hi,
    thank you for reply. my issue is not related with brakes. i stop on the road twice and this epc light was turned on. i cannot the run the car again. solution was to put some gasoline inspite i didn’t run out with gasoline. this happen twice time when i was around 150km with left gasoline. the dealer didn’t find anything in diagnostic. report is perfect, but i’m afraid that will happen again. on the end they replaced one pump which is responsible to take gasoline from one part if reserv0oir to another. but cannot confirm that this is solution