Thread: What is the current version of the Amundsen sat nav maps?

Post Thanks / Like

What is the current version of the Amundsen sat nav maps?

Hi All,

I bought a 66-plate Octavia (1.6TDi) at the end of last year, with the Amundsen sat nav. The SD card with the sat nav maps states that it is the 2016/17 edition, but the maps are really out of date (for example, it doesn't show a nearby by-pass which opened in April 2015).

When I check the version number in the sat nav settings, this is what it says:

Version information
    5L0051236L
    ECE1 2016/17
    SHIELD: SHIELD 2016-03 (build 020)

I would guess that these maps are nearly two years old - can anyone tell me what the the most current version is?

Thanks for this,
    Jendel

Post Thanks / Like
    The latest maps are ECE 2018, so your maps are several editions out of date. I live near Bedford and I presume you mean the new bypass near Clapham. It is on the latest maps. Do you know how to update the maps for free?

3. Thanks Jendel thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, yes, it is the Clapham bypass. I asked for the sat nav to be updated by the dealer when I bought the car last August, when I queried it they said they'd been unable to do it but I should be able to update it myself once the new update was out in November. I tried in January but received an error, so I've had a look for some tips. I'll try again using a different unzipping program, and see if it works this time.

Thanks for confirming the version, and I'll let you know how I go!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck. You need to have the original Skoda SD card and avoid using a Mac computer for unzipping as it throws spurious hidden files onto the card which will cause the update to fail. If you need any more help just let me know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope, failed again. When it is unpacking the downloaded update onto the SD card, here is the error I get:

Unpacking data has invalid size. Expected size: 13853320621.
    Update could not be successful.

It is the original Skoda SD card, set to unlock. Update has just been downloaded from the Skoda site, after entering the VIN.

Last time I got this error, I then tried unpacking the downloaded files to a separate directory then moving them to the SD card, but that didn't work either - will try again using a different file unzip program.

Any other tips would be much appreciated!

Jendel.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have just downloaded the file from the direct download link and unpacked it with 7Zip. It had no problems and had a final size of 13,853,320,621 bytes, which is what your error said it is expecting.

The direct download link is

http://infotainment-cdn.skoda-auto.c...5_EU1_2018.zip

Post Thanks / Like
    do you know how to use post codes. on the satnav

Post Thanks / Like
    On the destination entry screen press "Town" and on the next screen there will be a button with "pstcd" or similar. Press that and enter the postcode. You can also do it with voice control.