Thread: Brake Disc Corrosion

Post Thanks / Like

Brake Disc Corrosion

I have just had by 2 year old Octavia Scout service and have been informed by a main dealer that the rear discs must be replaced due to corrosion and the front will only last until the next service. The car has only done 16,000 from new. I agree that they do I highlighted the condition last year at the first service. My question is how long are Skoda disc lasting and has any body found an alternative manufacture which last longer.
    As a comparison I have a 11 year old Mercedes still with its original discs and I know of other 10+ year old cars with their original discs.
    Skoda so far have state that disc ware is not covered under warranty but this is not ware it is corrosion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum...

Thread moved to correct section...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I have a six year old Yeti with 82,000 miles on the clock and the pads and discs are fine. Perhaps the corrosion is due to lack of use. Brembo is a good brand and are sold by Eurocarparts, and their sister company carparts4less. CP4 less are the same people/stock etc but cheaper. Both companies have lots of money off promotions. ECP recently had 50% off their prices.
    Hampshire and Berkshire 4x4 response "Classic" Aqua Blue 140 BHP Elegance 4x4, Park assist,RRP,Spare Wheel.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is the usual argument from the manufactures but can you explain how Mercedes can produce discs that have lasted more than 11 years on a car which has only done 25,000 miles and has just passed an MOT without comment. It cannot be beyond manufactures to produce discs that do not rust.