Thread: New Octavia Scout 184bhp DSG Owner

Post Thanks / Like

New Octavia Scout 184bhp DSG Owner

Hello All,

Just purchased a 3 year old Octavia Scout 186bhp DSG.

I used to own a first generation Audi Allroad 20.5TDi. The Scout has the same power and feel to it, apart from the fancy suspension.

The Scout is great. Nice compliant suspension to cope with the potholes. Extremely roomy, and comfortable.

I've installed a Spider Dieseltuning chip. Increased power to 240bhp, and an extra 90lbft of torque. Made a huge difference to driveability. No lag, smooth power delivery, and better fuel consumption. Averaging about 50mpg now.

In the process of installing a new LED light bar at the front.

Will send pics when installed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome. A few months ago we fitted the Scout spec springs, dampers and accessories to a normal Octavia 2 4WD (ex police) which was driving the customer mad grounding out as where she lives in Norf Yorkshire like, upt ont moor, the roads are terrible. She seems very happy with it. It looked a bit odd without the Scout visual trimmings but it is practical. To get the parts I found a Scout on Autotrader and used the reg to find out the spring and damper parts number and then checked the weight groups, tweaked them around a bit and ordered springs from Suplex and dampers by Monroe with Febi accessories, it all went together beautifully.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great idea.

The suspension is the best bit about it. Smooth drive, and good handling when pushing on.

Just wondering what other mods I can do to it. Updated the NAV from the Skoda portal.

Post Thanks / Like
    The sky, well your your wallet, is the limit; there are more retro fits and modifications than you can think of and sat nav wise companies like Kenwood make Skoda specific head unit that are plug and play and much cheaper than new Skoda parts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where is the best place to get spare parts?

My car has halogen headlamps. I was looking at replacing the bulbs with LED bulbs from eBay. However, I am a bit reluctant, since i am concerned about dashboard warning lights and point the wrong way.

Anyone upgraded their headlamp bulbs?

Post Thanks / Like
    There are various sources for spares such as any motor factor, GSF and ECP plus dozens of online sources, including me.... Some parts are only available genuine and these can obviously be bought from your local Skoda dealer or from a local branch of https://tps.trade . Even some parts available aftermarket should be bought genuine OR selected with great care and cross checking, a good example being road springs. Everyone offers springs for VAG cars but most make a complete mess of their ratings and ruin the car, that is why I will only use genuine or Suplex (when listed) as they are the only company I trust. Odd ball cars can cause problems such as Mrs Crashers Polo GTI, when it needed new springs Suplex only had one so I bought genuine. Buying parts on the aftermarket takes decades of experience to get even 85% right and still I make mistakes or get shafted by a supplier, Euro Car Parts are a good source of parts but their service drives me up the wall with frustration. I refuse to order parts with them over the phone by REG number and description, you would be lucky to get it right 50% of the time so I will only order by THEIR part number which I have back checked and cross referenced and then order it by our trade online system BUT even then they often screw it up!

LED bulbs in ANY external light source are illegal under the construction and use act and are now an MOT failure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the information.

Gotcha about the LED light...standard lights it is!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just fitted Michelin CrossClimate Plus tyres. Hopefully help out with the potential winter weather.

Fuel econonmy up to 54mpg.

Anyone upgraded the air filter?

Fitted new halogen headlight bulbs....big improvement!