Thread: Full Beam selection/drop out

Post Thanks / Like

Full Beam selection/drop out

Symptoms:- Selecting full beam can take one push, then two pushes fro a couple of times, then one - inconsistent; and also Full Beam drops back to Low Beam without touching anything
    What do you reckon please

Post Thanks / Like
    You are describing the High Beam Assist (HBA). One push forward switches HBA on and you should see a symbol in the display. Then the lights will dip automatically with oncoming traffic or when following red lights, then go to high beam when the road is clear. Another push forward deactivates it but leaves the lights on full beam and so you have to pull the lever back to get the dipped beam. It is explained in the handbook but not very clearly. I live near you so if it still doesn't make sense I can show you in person.

3. Thanks Crasher thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hba

Thank you for the response. Now I feel dim. Had the car a year and didn't know it was a feature !!! Watched a youtube video to enlighten me. Many thanks
    Last edited by Larfinboy; 23-10-18 at 07:20.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's odd. Mine is a 2013 Elegance and had HBA as standard. Do you not have the camera in the top centre of the screen? There are 2 versions of the camera, a lo-res one, which I have, which does HBA, amongst other things, or a hi-res one which also does lane assist and traffic sign recognition.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by paulius55 View Post
    That's odd. Mine is a 2013 Elegance and had HBA as standard. Do you not have the camera in the top centre of the screen? There are 2 versions of the camera, a lo-res one, which I have, which does HBA, amongst other things, or a hi-res one which also does lane assist and traffic sign recognition.
    Hi - yes low-res HBA no lane assist. Many thanks