Thread: Winter wheels wanted

Post Thanks / Like

Winter wheels wanted

Hello all, new member, first post. I've just bought a 2018 Octavia Scout. So far, it's great. I would like to get a spare set of wheels with winter tyres. I'd prefer OE wheels so that I don't have any worries over fitment, insurance etc. Does anyone know a friendly Skoda dealer who stocks wheel/tyre packages?

Thanks

Andy

Post Thanks / Like
    You could always get a set of steel wheels and tyres combined from the likes of mytyres, oponeo, blackcircles etc. With steel wheels you don't have to worry about damage from salt. Here is a link to an example, you may need to adjust the model type...…. https://www.mytyres.co.uk/Steel_wheels.html

For my Yeti I used a secondhand set of Audi wheels. They came from eBay, if you look for collect only they will be much cheaper as people don't want to bother going to collect them.

Here is a link to a tool from moneysaving expert which finds collect only items. Put in your postcode and the distance you are willing to travel and it does the rest . With the first use it defaults to antiques but it is easy to change the catagory once it is open. http://localbargainfinder.com/
    Hampshire and Berkshire 4x4 response "Classic" Aqua Blue 140 BHP Elegance 4x4, Park assist,RRP,Spare Wheel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the answer Hood. Not sure I can bring myself to put steel wheels on, but the local bargain finder appeals. I'll give it a go.
    Thanks Andy

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a picture of my Yeti with it's Audi winter wheels fitted. I also drop from 17 inch wheels to 16 inch for winter. fitting 215/60/16 makes the tyres easier to find (and cheaper) and gives a better ride, that is the size fitted to the greenline so no problems regarding approved sizes etc. The 225/50/17 tyres give a less comfortable ride and cost a lot more. The Audi wheels with centre caps cost me £80.

shrunk2.jpg
    Hampshire and Berkshire 4x4 response "Classic" Aqua Blue 140 BHP Elegance 4x4, Park assist,RRP,Spare Wheel.