Thread: Amundsen + RNS315 retro fit

Post Thanks / Like

Amundsen + RNS315 retro fit

I have a Amundsen + RNS315 that I took out of my 2010 Octavia and put back standard radio before replacing with a Yeti.I want to fit this radio to a classic car that I have. As Skoda can not supply me with wiring sockets that go into back of radio I will have to sorce from breaker. The problem that I have is that I will need a wiring diagram to see where wires from sockets go, preferably coloured. Can anyone help please?
    Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    The wiring diagram you require is on top of the unit. However, you're going to hit problems fitting it into a classic car (or any car other than a VAG stable one) due to the fact the head unit is powered and controlled by CAN signals rather than 12v. So without the required CAN signal to turn the unit on it'll need to be turned on every time by pressing the button, and after 30 minuites it's going to turn itself off.

3. Thanks Crasher thanked for this post
    Likes Crasher liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunatley when I took radio out the wiring diagram on top of radio must have fallen off. I managed to get a copy of diagram on internet and went to local breakers and found an Octavia that had been fitted a simular radio that still had connection plug. I cut this out of harness and proceeded to connect to wiring in my classic Karmann Ghia and ignorned the Cam Bus connection wires. Works perfectly. Plugged GPS aerial in as well as mic for hands free and both satnav and hands free work.With ignition switched off radio shuts down after 1 hour as it should. Can Bus wiring was fited to most cars after 1996 and the only reason that the radio has Can Bus connections is to stop it interfering with other parts of the cars wiring system. I'd also like to point out that this radio can be fitted to any modern car with Can Bus not just any of VW family.
    Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    So you turn off the ignition and the radio shuts down an hour later? And that's how it's supposed to work?