Thread: Fabia Colour Edition stuck in reverse

Post Thanks / Like

Fabia Colour Edition stuck in reverse

Really desperate for help! I have a Fabia that I bought brand new 2.5 months ago which keeps getting stuck in reverse. I can usually get it out by jiggling the clutch and wiggling the gear stick but it got completely jammed and even stalling it and turning the engine off would not release it. Itís been to the Skoda garage twice where they say they canít replicate it and I feel like crying in desperation! I missed a days work and donít even want the car anymore because of the amount of frustration. I actually love the car apart from this. The day it got stuck the AA came out and they released it by fiddling under the bonnet and then punching the gear stick! Still Skoda say they canít find the fault. I feel helpless and get made to feel like Iím doing something wrong! Any ideas I would be so grateful!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it stuck now? Did the AA chap give you a report? When it sticks, are you just driving or starting off from park and do you leave it in reverse when parked and maybe on a slope? If you private message me your reg number I can dig deeper and see if it is a known issue.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    When my Yeti was new it came with three years roadside assistance, which was a silver van marked customer service, possibly with an AA man inside it. You say the AA came to you, was it THE AA, or the Skoda Roadside assistance?

I assume you got three years roadside assistance as part of your warranty with a new car. Call them every time it happens, then Skoda will have a documented history of roadside assistance correcting the fault. Then it won't wash that they cannot replicate it then fobbing it off.
    Hampshire and Berkshire 4x4 response "Classic" Aqua Blue 140 BHP Elegance 4x4, Park assist,RRP,Spare Wheel.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is not stuck in reverse currently. The AA managed to get it out and we took it to Skoda and he explained to them what happened. They said no fault found, then it happened the very next morning. It is getting stuck 80% of mornings but I can jiggle it out at the moment. I park on flat, and in neutral not in gear at all. I have to reverse out of where I park because itís behind a garage block. Iíve finally convinced a Skoda tech to come to my home in the morning to watch it happen.
    It is covered for 3 years by Skoda assistance but they had no techs in my area so sent the AA instead on that occasion. I just feel like Iím not being believed and Iím a silly woman who canít use my car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't worry, mechanics get used to this senario of the car not playing up when they have a look. To get around this we ask the customer if we can drive the car as our own for a few days whilst they take our loan car.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

Post Thanks / Like
    Theyíve had my car two times! First time for a week and second time for 4 days and both times said they couldnít replicate. 😭

Post Thanks / Like
    Very difficult....

Vile Invention