Thread: Water in the door

Post Thanks / Like

Water in the door

Hi guys

I have heard a swishing noise before and assumed it was a half full fuel tank, my hearing is not what it should be.
    Just now my wife sat in the back and heard this noise too, also drops of water coming out under the rear door. After moving the door a bit it is obvious that the door has water in it, presumably from the window seal.
    So I see no obvious holes for drainage, can anyone comment please?

John

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, I managed to get a better look this morning and if you pull the seal at the bottom of the door, two or three retaining lugs come out of the holes in the bottom of the door. Followed by half a bucket of water in my case. Pushed the window seal back down, it may have come up when the kids opened the rear window (rarely used, since I lock it). It might have stuck to the glass a bit on the way up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Remind me tomorrow and I will check to see if this is a known issue.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, will do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Any news on the issue Crasher. Just for the record.

John

Post Thanks / Like
    No I forgot, private message me your REG number and I will leave the email notification unread so I see it at work tomorrow.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

Post Thanks / Like
    That number is coming back as no match. Can I have the VIN?

Vile Invention

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't seem to have very many known issues there but it is a Skoda not an Audi...

Vile Invention

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Crasher. Sorry I gave the incomplete Reg number.

10. Thanks Crasher thanked for this post