Thread: ABS ESP and tyre pressure monitoring lights on

Post Thanks / Like

ABS ESP and tyre pressure monitoring lights on

Hi all.

My first post here.

I have an issue with my 64 plate fabia. 1.2l 3 cylinder engine. The ABS ESP and tyre pressure monitoring lights are all on.

I got the following codes from the Carista app on the ABS module.

Fault codes:
    00625 Vehicle Speed Signal (G22)
    00400 Turn signals, acoustic feedback
    00404 Engine for sun roof, in the back (V146)

I checked the 2 front ABS sensors using the Torque lite app which both showed the ABS sensors reading when the wheels are turned by hand when jacked up.

The rear sensors don't show in the app so I measured their resistance and both measured the same (can't remember the exact value). The rear ABS pickup rings look ok within the drum.

The codes reset ok but once driven over about 10mph the faults come back. The speedo works but not the digital one on the fuel computer.

I far as I can tell my car doesn't have a speed sensor (G22), there's just a black plastic blank bolted to the back of the gearbox where older/other models have a sensor.

Any ideas appreciated.

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    So it is a DSG model then?
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    So it is a DSG model then?
    It's a standard 5 speed manual as far as I know. Nothing fancy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone have access to a decent manual so I can find out where the digital speed is sent from? I read somewhere that if the speed pickup fails it will use the ABS sensor to drive the speedo but since I don't have a G22 speed sensor why is the fault active?

https://workshop-manuals.com/skoda/f...es_(roomster)/

This manual states no G22 if ABS fitted.

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    On the wiring diagram, if you search for G22 it shows one and states it depends on equipment and the other varion shows a wire going to the J217 auto box ECU inferring that is the alternative, private message me your reg and email and I will mail you the appropriate current flow diagram. Is fuse 16 OK? My guess is the signal is on the CAN BUS from the ABS pump to the dash.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

6. Thanks Gregsy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    PM sent. Fuse 16 is ok.

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Your car does not have a G22, using the VIN in ETKA I can see the speed sensors are greyed out and the plug for the hole highlighted instead. In ELSA it says nothing about how the speed signal is provided so it must come from the ABS pump via CAN.

Vile Invention

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Crasher.

I'll need to go back and check the ABS sensors.

Best regards.