Thread: Remove message from computer screen.

Post Thanks / Like

Remove message from computer screen.

I have just received a message on the small screen between the rev. counter and speedo dial which tells me an oil change and service is due. As I have only done about 2000 miles I have no intention of having this carried out. Can anyone please tell me how to get rid of this message. The last time I had it serviced, the car came back absolutely filthy and 30 miles extra on the clock, hence my reason for not wanting to take it back.
    Hope you can help.
    Thelmalan.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is how you do it with a Yeti, there are two versions, one for the pre facelift and one for the facelift.

Service indicator
    pre-Face Lift Yeti
    1. ignition OFF
    2. Press and hold the "0.0" button (lower right of speedo dial)
    3. While keeping 0.0 button pressed, switch IGN to fully ON but DO NOT start engine.
    4. Release 0.0 button
    5. Press and hold MIN button, to lower left of tacho dial, looks like a file folder.
    6. Switch OFF ign.
    7. Release MIN button.
    Job Done!

Face Lift Yeti
    1. Turn off ignition,
    2. For full service reset turn on hazard lights. Skip this step for oil service only.
    3. Press AND HOLD the trip zero “0.0” button (lower right of speedo dial),
    4. While keeping 0.0 button pressed, switch IGN to fully ON but DO NOT start engine.
    5. Wait till the "reset" message appears on the Maxidot screen, then release the “0.0” button.
    6. say yes to "reset"
    Job done.

The oil reset is the same just do not turn on hazards at step 2
    Hampshire and Berkshire 4x4 response "Classic" Aqua Blue 140 BHP Elegance 4x4, Park assist,RRP,Spare Wheel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks a lot my friend, will try that for my Rapid Spaceback. Your suggestions have always worked in the past.
    Many thanks
    Thelmalan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks "The Hood" but sorry to say it didn't work for my Skoda Rapid spaceback 1.4tdi automatic but thanks for the info anyway.
    Cheers
    Thelmalan.

Post Thanks / Like
    For anyone else with this problem, I have recently found out, the solution is on "YouTube" on the internet, which worked great for me, albeit that the 00 and Set were the opposite way round.
    All the best.
    Thelmalan.