Thread: HELP required in sourcing cylinder liner and piston set for 120 engine

Post Thanks / Like

HELP required in sourcing cylinder liner and piston set for 120 engine

I am restoring a 120L Estelle from 1989. The engine has two seized and rusted cylinder liners resulting from head gasket failure before storage by previous owner. I have spent five year acquiring a massive stock pile of new spare parts in order to fully restore the car to concours stock condition. However I have been very unsuccessful in obtaining new cylinder liners (72mm) and piston sets and also big end and main bearings (45 mm and 55mm) If anyone has any contacts please let me know, I have tried Ostt-timer and skoparts in Germany and skoda-parts in Czech Republic but all only have 130 liners in stock and none can source me any 120 items. I would consider a replacement engine, ideally 120 but any serviceable RWD engine would do. If anyone has such an engine for sale please get in contact. I can collect when this lock down is over! Thanks for reading. Andrew

Post Thanks / Like
    I get the liner part number to be 113 000 301 and these people say they have two http://www.km.krakow.pl/113000301,3,51343,12320 . Rings don't seem to be an issue https://www.autodoc.co.uk/goetze-engine/8287285 , I get the piston as being 113 090 201 for the lower compression mode; and 114 090 200 for the R high compression version but I am coming up blank on those plus the 113 000 311 and 114 000 310 cylinder liner and piston kits. http://www.ajusa.es may be able to help you with a gasket set.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    Many many thanks for these leads I will follow them up ASAP as soon as I finish work. Today a cylinder head swap on a mini (modern one unfortunately)

cheers again, I will let you know if I can get the Skoda parts ordered. Andrew

Post Thanks / Like
    Mini, ewww..., product of the Devils own car maker, B*W, yuk I only work on the products of VAG, today a Beetle convertible, but modern water cooled rubbish with the engine in the wrong end, not air cooled purity Due top having furloughed all my chaps I was helping in the stores yesterday and I had to touch Powerflex bushes for the Mini and B*W... well at least it keeps the money coming in, for now at least!
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Mini, ewww..., product of the Devils own car maker, B*W, yuk I only work on the products of VAG, today a Beetle convertible, but modern water cooled rubbish with the engine in the wrong end, not air cooled purity Due top having furloughed all my chaps I was helping in the stores yesterday and I had to touch Powerflex bushes for the Mini and B*W... well at least it keeps the money coming in, for now at least!

Yes totally agree. The only slightly amazing thing about the new mini is how they have managed to incorporate heritage BL rust underneath and wet carpets into the postmodern packages!

Agree about VAG as well, last year I completed a full nut and bolt restoration of a 1985 T3 transporter , 1.9 water boxer. Not many T3 campers are concours as they get used and abused, but not this baby almost stock spec, apart from SS exhaust and modified engine bay rear panel. A few repair panels and a full repay in original colour including underside. The suspension was in excellent condition for 35 years in age, everything came apart easily with just a clean up and stove enamelling of arms etc. I will find a photo and post. Cheers Andrew

6. Likes Crasher liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do the full range of Powerflex suspension bushes for the T3 and thank God I did not have to lecture you about calling a T3 a T25... I have built a couple of warmed DG engines, converted to 2.1 and the Weber carb conversion which together give a huge torque boost.

Vile Invention