Thread: Skoda fabia 2008 1.4 tdi - abs light

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Skoda fabia 2008 1.4 tdi - abs light

Hello there just after a bit of help where possible,

We have a SKODA FABIA200 14 TDI. Lovely car and I adore he little three cylinder engine, we also have the 2.0 version in an A4 so big fans of VAG cars and TDI engines.

The Fabia has an on-going ABS light that intermittently comes on and of and has done for over 18 month. So I have had an 18months long project trying to rectify it, it was OFF for the MOT in November just by chance,so it passed but I really don't like leaving things to chance so want to get this sorted for future MOT's.

1. (Of note - I could see in its paperwork a year before we bought the car it ha a R/N/S ABS sensor replaced). When the ABS warning light first came on I took to Skoda for a health check etc who advised it needed a new R/N/S hub and ABS sensor. The quote was quite high so we paid a mobile mechanic to change this. Light was extinguished for a while but then came back on a month or so later.

2. Months later we took to different garage for an MOT and although it passed we asked them to investigate the intermittent fault, they advised the fault was coming back to same ABS sensor through their diagnostics, the proposed that the rear brake cylinder was leaking onto hub causing the fault, so we did a big job on both rear brakes, cost a lot! Then after a while the ABS light came back on.

3. We recently approached an auto electrician who completed diagnostics which advised the same R/N/S hub reading was 'implausible', they suspected the hub and sensor I had replaced by mobile mechanic were cheap/poor parts, so replaced with Bosch sensor and Continental hub. Their live diagnostic machine readings showed problem rectified after. Sadly a few days later, which is today, the light has come back on.

This annoying ABS light comes on sometimes as soon as soon as car started, sometimes halfway through a journey. I haven't put fault codes on here as many different systems used but all point to N/S/R ABS sensor.

Does anyone have any other suggestions, that don't involve new ABS pump! As not sure we would pay for a new pump car not worth much more for the work and not sure it would work as only relates to one sensor.

Thanks in advance,

Sam

Post Thanks / Like
    Funnily enough I am just dealing with the same fault on a Yeti, it looks like the ABS unit is faulty, still testing.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Crasher, interesting, I would be keen to know your conclusion after testing finishes? Someone on piston heads has suggested I follow the wiring from the wheel back to the unit to check for The wire chaffing On chassis, corrosion etc

Post Thanks / Like
    The previous garage had fitted a new sensor, Hella aftermarket which is fine but already it had rubbing marks on the end which I know will be a corroded ABS pulse ring so a new wheel bearing is on the way for Monday.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    All received. Going to check the wiring tonight on ramps would be interested to know if your new hub solves issue or whether you have to look at wiring / ECU, Pump