Thread: Annoying oil leak and need manual

Post Thanks / Like

Annoying oil leak and need manual

First I want to say hi to everybody. This is my first post and I hope I can get some help from you.

To the problem. Between engine block and cylinderhead there are minor oilleak, right side seen from front. Also around some screws around oil sump there are oildrops. The engine do also consume oil, did an oil change and one month after it was below minimum.

I have cleaned the Egr which had a lot of black dried dirt in it. Still it consumes and leak oil. Also the compressed turbo air hose want to fall off, overload from turbo intake side?

Did also check the oil cap and it want blow out when screwed off but the round ventilation rubbers are ok. I am suspecting that the crank ventilation is not working making a pressure that makes oil to be preasurized outside the engine. Fumes comes out from the hole where oil cap is mounted.

My questions is where is the pvc valve and pipes related to it located? I want to see if there is a stop somewhere making engine not to be able to ventilate.

Do anyone have access to the repair manual regarding BMP engine 2.0 Tdi.

Any others ideas and typical issues regarding the oil consumption and oil leaks?

Other info: Engine gone 200000 km approx. Exhaust/burnt oil smell inside interior when idling. Can not find exhaust leaks. Engine starts and runs fine and I can not feel any lack of power.

Post Thanks / Like
    A BMP with 200k km’s on the original balancer shaft... could you post a picture of the leaks? You can buy and print out the workshop info here https://erwin.skoda-auto.cz/erwin/showHome.do
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the link. What do you mean with balance shaft and high milage? I will take a picture and return to you.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    IMG-20200802-WA0003.jpg

Marked leak goes around the short side of engine and around like an U. This is how it looks after one day driving after I have removed oil.

Post Thanks / Like
    The BMP has a balancer shaft system in the sump which drives the oil pump by a very unreliable 77mm long 6mm hex drive key although for the 2011 model year they were a little better but it still puzzles all who deal with this why VAG went from 77mm, to a more reliable 100mm and then back to 77mm but I expect it was due to penny pinching.

That oil leak suggests the tandem pump gasket needs replacing.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did not find any leak under the pump. Seems its a little leak between block and cylinder head. What I found though is that the hose connected to throttlebody has a lot of oil in it. I assume that is not normal. Any idea why there are oil in this hose? The look of this oil is fresh and just like the oil on the oil dip stick regarding the color.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is normal.

Vile Invention