Thread: EOBD II Error Code Software

Post Thanks / Like

EOBD II Error Code Software

Hi guys/gals.

3 years ago when I had my Golf GTD I printed out all the data from AD for the Golf 2.0 TDI 2009 because that was the closest vehicle to mine. All the error code printed out and it took an hour and a half 140 sheets, slow network printer. Some of you my know I make programmes as a hobby so I thought it would be a good idea to put all these VAG, EOBD II, Fault location and Possible causes 5680 into a database. It took me a very long time to type everything into a database.

Sorry to bore you with these trivial details back to the main point of this topic. If anyone is interested in this programme I've made please make a comment as I don't see any Thanks or Likes buttons on here. I'm not sure it will suit everyone. I know you can get error code online Ross-Tech. OBD II Code but you have to click on a number change page read it/print it then move back for another number which is slow. Plus you have to be online to access anything.

You can search the database for any VAG error code, EOBD II error code, Fault location and Possible causes, words or numbers. The simple thing is its a database so any code can be added later. Don't think you can add your own data you can't it deletes the database afterwards. If you find any good sites with code I can add them.

There are 2 versions available, both contain 7872 error codes, the newer version has 8370 which I'm updating all the time. You will have to wait a while for the newer version has RapidShare have changed their site and I can't see the downnload link.

1) If you have used my app before and it works as it should then download the updated version and replace the exe.

2) There is a full installation package because of the odd problem reported before.

Try which ever version you want to but read the ReadMe First.txt first.

I've added more error traps that will report any error created. This will write the details into EOBD ErrorLog.txt in the app folder. If this file appears just open it up and copy and paste all details into here along with your operating system.

This isn't the newest software as I'm updating codes and extra features all the time, you will have to wait for the newest version.

I've posted this app on a few forums (if you Google EODB II Error Error Code Software) and I've had thousands of download along with many thanks and good comments.

Its FREE but I should really charge something as I'm not working at the moment.

Update 03/11/2015:

RapidShare have discontinued their service so I've changed uploader to mega.co.nz. Sorry this isn't the new version as I would like a contribution for this one.

Last edited by Keithuk; 03-11-15 at 14:31. Reason: Picture Update
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue, Flat Tyre Indicator, Service Plan, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

2. Likes caf, Orchid70 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    this is very handy thanks for posting
    how do i get the software??

Post Thanks / Like
    Its in the EOBD II Fault Codes Installation Package 08-02-2014.txt attachment at the bottom.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue, Flat Tyre Indicator, Service Plan, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    states thread no longer available!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry about that mega.co.nz have changed to mega.nz which should make that much difference but all the download links have changed. Try the new one I've just added? Click on Download through your Browser and save the file somewhere.
    Last edited by Keithuk; 03-11-15 at 14:37.