2015 rapid dpf

skoda deane

Reaction score
Hi there looking for some advice I have a 2015 rapid 1600 diesel turbo and someone stole the dpf filter one night I bypassed it with a straight pipe after the front flexi pipe
it still has the top half from manifold down to flexi bellows But from flexi to intermediate section of exhaust was stolen I presume this was the dpf
Now I have an exhaust warning light coming on and I'm worried it will go into limp mode or try and do a dpf regeneration or burn is there a computer program available that I can switch off the dpf system or any way of disabling the system
Thanks in advance deane

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Deleting the DPF is illegal and an MOT failure. How did they get at the DPF though, it is right up the back of the engine bolted directly to the turbo, with the car on a lift it takes our workshop three hours to remove!

skoda deane

Reaction score
Hi ive still got the top section from the manifold only missing from flexi back to first slip joint i presumed it was the dpf part or is it the diesel cat piece they stole i have an exhaust shop so meanwhile I just rejoined it with straight pipe from back of flexi still has rear sensor hooked up it had one steel tube attached to a rubber hose which I welded back into exhaust pipe im in new Zealand we don't emission check vehicles here yet so can remove . There is no replacement available here for it anyway genuine or aftermarket dealers are not interested in bringing in a one off item like that and if they did it is worth more than car and with covid could be minum 6 months to get it here if it gets here .car is low kms like new was hopeing I could turn off dpf system through ecu
Thanks for the reply Deane

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You have a CAYB engine, the DPF and CAT are tucked up tight behind the engine behind the driveshaft, everything from the flexi after the CAT/DPF is just scrap metal so you can take solace in the fact the thieves were thick stupid wankers who achieved absolutely bugger all for their illegal efforts; even though they caused you much stress and loss they made a gross loss.

Hopeful

Reaction score
You have a CAYB engine, the DPF and CAT are tucked up tight behind the engine behind the driveshaft, everything from the flexi after the CAT/DPF is just scrap metal so you can take solace in the fact the thieves were thick stupid wankers who achieved absolutely bugger all for their illegal efforts; even though they caused you much stress and loss they made a gross loss.
They probably thought they were stealing a cat, and would make a few hundred off it.
Lord save us from the terminally stupid!