2020 sportline Octavia

Ghost Ride

Reaction score
Having bought this car with only 10 miles on clock. Problem started after a few months old, though nothing of it, did awaken my awareness in this happening again. When slowing down the car surged forward not excessive but under it's own power NO input from driver, gaining speed. Now when Skoda garage drove car they could manipulate the the same process but not the surge, they put this down to anti stall fitted to car. The rev counter will increase and sit at 1000 revs making car increase speed slowly, have managed to see 37 mph on clock. Has this come to anyone's attention before.

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes it is an emissions reducing measure to prevent the engine speed dropping too low where NOX emissions go up, you only tend to notice it on cars with manual transmission so I have become accustomed to feathering the clutch to compensate.

Hopeful

Reaction score
Yes it is an emissions reducing measure to prevent the engine speed dropping too low where NOX emissions go up, you only tend to notice it on cars with manual transmission so I have become accustomed to feathering the clutch to compensate.
Is this why I get low speed lurching in my DSG-equipped car? (DKZA engine.)

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It causes all sorts of drivability issues but don’t worry it keeps Gritty Turdburg happy and is going to “save the planet” 🐂 :poop: