Any new Octavia Mk 4 drivers yet ?

Rory

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Let us know if you ahve got a new Mk 4 Octavia, would be great to find out what its like...

Rory

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice, how are you finding it ? Did you have the mk3 before or another model.

SeanEoin

Reaction score
No, my last car was a Vauxhall insignia vx line. An enjoying the Octavia apart from the soft suspension. Can't find any suspension upgrades though.

Justme2021

Reaction score
I have one, probably one of the worst cars I've had, I previously had 2018 octavia loved it, done nearly 120k in it and it never missed a beat, this new shape, nothing but problems all electrical, phone keeps disconnecting, profile settings not saved, keyless entry is hit and miss, parking sensors sometimes don't work, worst and dangerous thing is it brakes randomly when a car overtakes you, this only happens on the offside, my company has 4 or 5 cars with similar faults, skoda UK not very helpful, it's been into dealers and they have updated software, which has improved a few things, but it still has many faults.

SeanEoin

Reaction score
I have one, probably one of the worst cars I've had, I previously had 2018 octavia loved it, done nearly 120k in it and it never missed a beat, this new shape, nothing but problems all electrical, phone keeps disconnecting, profile settings not saved, keyless entry is hit and miss, parking sensors sometimes don't work, worst and dangerous thing is it brakes randomly when a car overtakes you, this only happens on the offside, my company has 4 or 5 cars with similar faults, skoda UK not very helpful, it's been into dealers and they have updated software, which has improved a few things, but it still has many faults.
Sounds like you're having a nightmare. I'm glad I'm having none of those problems. My complaints are all to do with poor design, ie shit suspension, the fact that it switches back to "normal" driving mode EVERY time you switch the car off (same with lane assist). Can't buy after market suspension components yet either.

Justme2021

Reaction score
Yep mine switches to normal mode too, also sync turns off after you switch the ignition on and off, doesn't say any heating controls etc, pretty pointless having a driver profile. I'm so disappointed with the car, it doesn't even have a rear wash wipe wtf

SeanEoin

Reaction score
Yep mine switches to normal mode too, also sync turns off after you switch the ignition on and off, doesn't say any heating controls etc, pretty pointless having a driver profile. I'm so disappointed with the car, it doesn't even have a rear wash wipe wtf
You have to request a rear wiper. It doesn't cost any extra but still you have to stipulate
that you want it.

Justme2021

Reaction score
Yes I realized that after, thought it would of come standard as all the other octavia's did, and the dealer never said...you live and learn.

Cole

Reaction score
Well folks.. I have just got new octavia combi and I have to say.... its the worst handling car I have EVER driven.. the amount of body role and and softness is unbelievable!! There must be sumtin I can do to fix this?? More low profile tyres help? Rear arb?

Last edited:

SeanEoin

Reaction score
Well folks.. I have just got new octavia combi and I have to say.... its the worst handling cat I have EVER driven.. the amount of body role and and softness is unbelievable!! There must be sumtin I can do to fix this?? More low profile tyres help?
I haven't been able to find a way to fix it. Because it came out during covid there are no aftermarket suspension parts for it. I'd love a thicker sway bar but can't get one 🤷🏻‍♂

Justme2021

Reaction score
Mine has been into the dealers three times, they have currently had it for nearly five weeks, it's the biggest lump of rubbish I have ever had,some of the problems I've had are listed above.

Cole

Reaction score
I haven't been able to find a way to fix it. Because it came out during covid there are no aftermarket suspension parts for it. I'd love a thicker sway bar but can't get one 🤷🏻‍♂
Will anything from older model work no?

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well folks.. I have just got new octavia combi and I have to say.... its the worst handling car I have EVER driven.. the amount of body role and and softness is unbelievable!! There must be sumtin I can do to fix this?? More low profile tyres help? Rear arb?
There are three front roll bar thickness, you probaly have the 21.7mm and you can change this for the 24. At the rear, if you have the beam axle you are stuffed until Eibach deal with it but if you have the multilink you can go from 18.5 to 21.73 on the roll bar. Springs should not be an issue, it is easy to work out which VRS ones would work and for dampers I would go Koni Active, I have just done this on my Octavia 1U and they are brilliant, hopefully it wont be too long before they bring them out.

SeanEoin

Reaction score
There are three front roll bar thickness, you probaly have the 21.7mm and you can change this for the 24. At the rear, if you have the beam axle you are stuffed until Eibach deal with it but if you have the multilink you can go from 18.5 to 21.73 on the roll bar. Springs should not be an issue, it is easy to work out which VRS ones would work and for dampers I would go Koni Active, I have just done this on my Octavia 1U and they are brilliant, hopefully it wont be too long before they bring them out.
Are you saying there are different thickness of stock sway bars?

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, if you message me your reg or VIN in a private conversation I will tell you what you have and what can be done.