Car Technology

Doarabella

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm a new member and very pleased to have joined. I have an Octavia 1.5 e Tec and I'm gradually getting used to the plethora of choices available from the Infotainment system available. Already I have a problem regarding the Sat Nav. I have entered one address and I want to erase it but I'm finding it impossible to do so. If anyone can help I would be very grateful. So my question is this: How do you operate the sat nav in this car? Particularly, how do you erase addresses when you don't need them.

Thanks in advance,

Dorabella

Doarabella

Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks for replying. I don't have a separate manual for the sat nav. If you could let me know how to get one, I'd be very grateful.
I do have the owner's manual for the e-Tec car and, when discussing the Infotainment facility, this does have a section on the sat nav . But there is nothing about deleting entries. As I say, if you could point me in the right direction, that would be great.

MikeO

Reaction score
Thanks Mike - I have the handbook for the car, but no separate information regarding the Sat Nav.

Hi DB, I was in a similar position, but was able to find a complete set of manuals within a couple of weeks and now have everything I need.

Free to download electronic versions are available here.

Doarabella

Reaction score
Thanks Mike, valuable info. I have downloaded a separate handbook for the Columbus sat. nav. and i have come across the following:

"By storing the next flagged destination, the last flagged destination will be overwritten."
That sounds very promising and I'll check it out later ( it's pouring with rain right now). It's not a "Delete" instruction, but may be the answer. I'll let you know if it works.

Thanks a bundle,

Doarabella

Doarabella

Reaction score
Hi Mike,
No luck. I have gone through the sat nav guidance I mentioned with a toothcomb. In fact the screen descriptions in the guidance are quite different to the layout in the version in my car. But thanks for your help.

Dorabella

Doarabella

Reaction score
Hi Mike, crasher and all

You may remember that in September I posted a query regarding the Sat Nav on my newly-bought Skoda OCTAVIA 1.5 e-TECEC. Having entered a destination, I found I couldn't erase it. Great advice came from members - including directions to various Octavia manuals. But none of the suggestions worked. I gave up trying!

Today however, by accident, I came across the solution.

To erase, simply simply swipe the destination name from right to left. Immediately a deletion sign appears. (Swiping the destination from left to right doesn't work. The rest is straightforward.)

Having searched the documentation which came with the car, nowhere can I find a reference to this. Why are simple things so complicated?

Anyway, I'd like to thank all those who tried to help.

Sincerely,

Doarabella