Fitting a dashcam

John Lewis

Reaction score
Hi all,

I changed from my Rapid to a newer Spaceback, 17 reg with less miles and the same DSG gearbox I like. Much more up to date than the 13 reg I had. Now I have placed a dashcam behind the mirror and carefully pushed the cable into the heading and door seal down to the fuse box. Her’s my problem. The fuses don’t look like the rather poor image in the hand blood, nor can I see a metal screw to get the negative spade connector onto. Any help would be appreciated.

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You need ign live, permeant live and permanent earth, on modem CAN BUS cars there is no proper ignition live and you have to use a CAN BUS adapter to sense the ignition is on and provide a low level command only signal.

John Lewis

Reaction score
Thanks Crasher. I tried a piggy back connector ( bought for the job) in the 10 amp fuse number 46. This is supposed to be live only when the ignition is on, it is the window washers. Found an earth screw but the camera stayed on after I had removed the ignition key. After 5 minutes it was still on and since the internal battery is poor I thought it could not be that. Anyway I have taken it out pending :-(