HELP I REQUIRE INFO ASAP. Skoda Rapid 1.4D 2016

tez

Reaction score
First off Hi all, I require some urgent info regarding TIMING BELT CHANGE INTERVAL ON ABOVE VEHICLE,
I have it booked into local garage for a Cam belt kit including water pump , vehicle has approx 65k miles, seem to have it in my head this needed doing at 60k or five years, but unsure now, dont want to change out a perfectly good belt unnecessary.
PLEASE HELP IF POSSIBLE GUYS OR GALS
Regards TEZ

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't find the official interval for that engine without paying for an erWin session but VAG don't tend to give times, only miles and some are as much as 130k miles. This time interval is something VAG UK came up with.

tez

Reaction score
Thanks Crasher, all seems pretty vague to be honest rebooked for next week better safe than sorry

The Hood

Reaction score
If it were a Yeti the first change is at four years and subsequent changes every five years.

tez

Reaction score
Thanks The Hood, mine is 2016 approx 64k miles had it one year private sale, chased back previous history with two dealers but no info on belt change, they actually said 60k or five years whatever comes sooner as he explained when the car was sold it hadn't reached the age or exact mileage at that time so there was no need to address the belt.
Going in on Monday for the cam belt kit and waterpump need some peace of mind. 😂
Was going in last week but two of there guys phoned in sick. 😡

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I did a service on a 2017 T6 today and it is on the digital service system, the van has done 2700 miles in total (!) and the DSS stated the cam belt was due in 2025 or 133K miles. Now we are getting cars of 5 years old which are on the DSS we can justify dropping this five year rubbish if the DSS backs us up.