HELP required in sourcing cylinder liner and piston set for 120 engine

1989Skoda120L

Reaction score
I am restoring a 120L Estelle from 1989. The engine has two seized and rusted cylinder liners resulting from head gasket failure before storage by previous owner. I have spent five year acquiring a massive stock pile of new spare parts in order to fully restore the car to concours stock condition. However I have been very unsuccessful in obtaining new cylinder liners (72mm) and piston sets and also big end and main bearings (45 mm and 55mm) If anyone has any contacts please let me know, I have tried Ostt-timer and skoparts in Germany and skoda-parts in Czech Republic but all only have 130 liners in stock and none can source me any 120 items. I would consider a replacement engine, ideally 120 but any serviceable RWD engine would do. If anyone has such an engine for sale please get in contact. I can collect when this lock down is over! Thanks for reading. Andrew

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I get the liner part number to be 113 000 301 and these people say they have two http://www.km.krakow.pl/113000301,3,51343,12320 . Rings don't seem to be an issue https://www.autodoc.co.uk/goetze-engine/8287285 , I get the piston as being 113 090 201 for the lower compression mode; and 114 090 200 for the R high compression version but I am coming up blank on those plus the 113 000 311 and 114 000 310 cylinder liner and piston kits. http://www.ajusa.es may be able to help you with a gasket set.

1989Skoda120L

Reaction score
Many many thanks for these leads I will follow them up ASAP as soon as I finish work. Today a cylinder head swap on a mini (modern one unfortunately)

cheers again, I will let you know if I can get the Skoda parts ordered. Andrew

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mini, ewww..., product of the Devils own car maker, B*W, yuk :p I only work on the products of VAG, today a Beetle convertible, but modern water cooled rubbish with the engine in the wrong end, not air cooled purity :cool: Due top having furloughed all my chaps I was helping in the stores yesterday and I had to touch Powerflex bushes for the Mini and B*W... well at least it keeps the money coming in, for now at least!

1989Skoda120L

Reaction score
Agreed

Mini, ewww..., product of the Devils own car maker, B*W, yuk :p I only work on the products of VAG, today a Beetle convertible, but modern water cooled rubbish with the engine in the wrong end, not air cooled purity :cool: Due top having furloughed all my chaps I was helping in the stores yesterday and I had to touch Powerflex bushes for the Mini and B*W... well at least it keeps the money coming in, for now at least!

Yes totally agree. The only slightly amazing thing about the new mini is how they have managed to incorporate heritage BL rust underneath and wet carpets into the postmodern packages!

Agree about VAG as well, last year I completed a full nut and bolt restoration of a 1985 T3 transporter , 1.9 water boxer. Not many T3 campers are concours as they get used and abused, but not this baby almost stock spec, apart from SS exhaust and modified engine bay rear panel. A few repair panels and a full repay in original colour including underside. The suspension was in excellent condition for 35 years in age, everything came apart easily with just a clean up and stove enamelling of arms etc. I will find a photo and post. Cheers Andrew

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I do the full range of Powerflex suspension bushes for the T3 and thank God I did not have to lecture you about calling a T3 a T25...:D I have built a couple of warmed DG engines, converted to 2.1 and the Weber carb conversion which together give a huge torque boost.