Need Help with a Fault Code ?

Rory

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

If you need any help with fault codes or related issues please post them in this section and we will try our best to give you some help :)

Ocao

Reaction score
Skoda octavia II 2.0 tdi 140hp

Hi,

If you need any help with fault codes or related issues please post them in this section and we will try our best to give you some help :)
Hello ,i have the engine management light turned on, on my dash and is keep apearing on the tester this error :C0191 unknown fault.I can delete it but i 1 or 2 hours will reappear. Can you help me with this plss? Thanks a lot.

luap

Reaction score
hi i have a 2010 skoda superb elegance 2.0 tdi ,recently my steering wheel controls
have stopped working and then came back on again ,but today they stopped working
again and the radio satnav etc have stopped working as well ,
i have had the car scanned using vcds and the following codes and descriptions came up
1 , fault code in steering wheel ui08e no communication
2 fault code no signal communication for control module for navigation with cd rom (j401)
3 fault code radio no signal communication u1066 fault code

i hope someone can help with this problem ,im new to the group so hopefully we can sort this
many thanks
paul

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You need a better code read than that using a UDS protocol interface so I would suggest full upto date VCDS with a HEX-NET cable. Even then you may find that is not enough, some of these CAN BUS related problems need the VAG dealer system ODIS if Guided Fault Finding to track them down sometimes using a signal generator and oscilloscope.

luap

Reaction score
hi how do i use the #code function reply ?
i am not great using computers
paul

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I know how you feel, not the generation for it but I have had to adapt as my job would be impossible otherwise.

If you click on the advanced reply button you will see the menu above the reply box expand. In the middle row third from the end you will see a # symbol, click this and
Code:
[\CODE] will appear (I have tweaked it so it shows and does not work). Save your code read as a text or Word document and copy then paste it in between [code] and [\code]. When you click submit reply it will present the reply and the code read in an easy to read format when the code read is in a scrollable box. 

[CODE]code read

Obviously you will need to do this on a PC as on an iPad it would be difficult and on a phone even worse.

luap

Reaction score
hi i have photos of the fault codes which i took when checking the fault codes
but for some reason it will not allow me to upload them into the message
i want to send to you ,it wont let me cut and paste them
would you have an email for me to send them to ,it will allow me to send them that way ?
is that possible ?
cheers
paul

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In advanced reply you will see a hashtag # symbol in the middle rows of buttons third from the left. When you click on this you get
Code:
[\CODE] appear and if you paste you full code read from VCDS in between [CODE]Paste your report here[\CODE] then it will appear in an easy to read format like this [CODE]paste your code read here
Note that I have changed the / to \ in my text so that the text will display but not function