No heating drivers side

Steven Hayes

Reaction score
I can try tomorrow when it’s light. I can get you the engine number if that helps that’s in the service book

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
V250 means you are are out of the porous head danger area. I think your heater issue is the usual blocked heater matrix, before a new one is fitted, the entire system must be back flushed throughly and when refilled, ONLY G12 Evo coolant used, NOTHING else.

Steven Hayes

Reaction score
That’s good news then. Iv had no luck with cars lately, had an Astra that had to go back for a refund so brought this as they have good rep, and it’s costing me money. Thank you for your help mate. Much appreciated. It will be going into garage very soon to be sorted I will request the coolant you’ve stated. Do you have any other idea why coolant could be jumping out the bottle. There’s no clear leaks anywhere. Only under the coolant bottle it’s not coming from the hoses so must be the pressure release. Not really sure why it would be doing that. Also have you heard of the other problems that I listed? And what could that be? Thanks

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The supplementary electric water pump (some versions have two) can cause all sorts of problems, a code read should show this.

Steven Hayes

Reaction score
Okay thanks. Noting else apart from temp sensor showing on code. Do you know if the ambient air temp sensor is the one on the bottom grill or the top grill?

Steven Hayes

Reaction score
I don’t suppose you could grab me a picture of the panel and the sensors location? I can’t find anything online about it for my model and year

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not at work so I can’t access my work systems but I am just trying to do it with Google Workplace, after being off five weeks and going back on Monday :rolleyes:

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is in a bracket on the front bumper reinforcement bar behind the cover and foam padding in front of the radiator; a lot of work to get at. The latest part number is 8Z0 820 535 B and costs £26.30 retail inc. VAT from a Skoda main dealers parts department. This is the only picture I have.

https://flic.kr/p/2mEsBoK

Hopeful

Reaction score
What we do is add a flush, run the engine and drop the coolant into a tray and then a drum for recycling. We then take off a few water connections and pressure wash the system in both directions and finally blow through with compressed air. Then we change the matrix and refill with G12 Evo, we don’t clean them as it doesn’t work quickly and we have to judge the cost/benefit against a new part with a two year warranty. In the coolant tank you may find a silica bag or tube, these has been blamed for causing the gritty powder which blocks the matrix but not in the way people think. The G13 coolant suffered premature “silica fallout” and those bags boosted the content but they expire after about 5 years. Also G13 really objects to the use of tap water so G12 Evo comes ready mixed, you need around eight bottles and it is about £6 a bottle. We have started to notice a pattern in the blocking of the matrix, it happens at about 7 years so 2 years after the first cam belt change where the coolant invariably is diluted with tap water and that is a practice now banned in our workshops, everything gets G12 Evo which is the factory fill post 2017; it will be interesting in a year or so to see what it’s introduction brings.
I have a 2019 Octavia (Production date 10/12/2018 from VIN decode) but I have the "Mit Silikat" G13 coolant resevoir.
Seeing what you've posted about G12evo being factory fit from 2017, how can I tell if mine has G13 or G12evo coolant?

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That is what we use now exclusively on MQB platform and I am testing it in our own cars to ensure there are no side effects but continuing to use G13 on earlier cars. One of the problems is cost, using G12E ramps up the cost of a belt change and a lot of people chase pennies when ringing around for this job so unless we can say “you must use G12Evo or else” then we can lose work. If it came in 205L barrels as G13 does we could pull the unit cost back.