Potential new owner- forum usage

Scimitargtc

Reaction score
Thinking of buying a new S E. L 5door for the wife to do short journeys in. Was expecting to see an active forum but 8 posts with the last in 2018 and none with responses “worries” me... either owners are not of a genre to follow a car forum or so content no issues arise... ?

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
They are too reliable, the ones we look after never go wrong... so no body asks questions and to be honest this is a young forum and the Citi Go not a car run by trendy tinterweb youngsters. It is the same with the VW Fox, they are hardly ever mentioned on VW forums and the same for the UP and Mii

Scimitargtc

Reaction score
They are too reliable, the ones we look after never go wrong... so no body asks questions and to be honest this is a young forum and the Citi Go not a car run by trendy tinterweb youngsters. It is the same with the VW Fox, they are hardly ever mentioned on VW forums and the same for the UP and Mii
Thought s, the issue now is I’ve decided if we do this it will be a 5 door SE. L 75 bhp, elec mirrors for me heated seats for her... reversing sensors for youngest son ( who has a brand new Octavia 245 VRS estate which is quick for overtaking) but knowing vag are ceasing production and not replacing do I buy or wait for an electric thing

The Hood

Reaction score
When my Yeti was in for servicing I was given a Yeti with a large nail in one of the tyres and no spare as a loan car. I rejected it and was given a brand new Citigo. Later that day I returned it with just over 120 miles on the clock and could not get rid of it fast enough. Probably not a fair comparison but I found it tinny, cramped and gutless.

Scimitargtc

Reaction score
Yup I’d expect going back to 1980’s power of 75 bhp and minimal kit will be a shock. my final company car until I retired in 2017 was an Audi a4ultra se diesel auto saloon .. oh how the mighty have fallen 1 may say.. but a stroke, 40years years with the same employer means options are limited,., going relatively basic is quite “exciting “