Radio display failure.

Smithie Lot

Reaction score
I have a Skoda Maria purchased new in 2018. Recently the radio/infotainment display on the central console stopped operating however the radio continued to work when the ignition was turned on. Originally the display came back on shortly into a journey of when the car warmed up but now the display refuses to display even after a journey of three hours. I took the car to the local Skoda dealer who stated that the problem could be due to outstanding updates however they could not complete the updates as the display unit needed to be working. Today the display is still off and during a short journey the tyre pressure warning system displayed a loss of pressure on the front offside tyre. I topped up the air pressure to required setting but the warning light continued to be displayed and due to the failure of the screen display the tyre pressures of the tyres could not be reset . At the moment I am not sure whether the tyre is faulty or is it a problem with the management display system. Any thoughts anyone.

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would expect you are going to need a new display, part number 565 919 605 C IZY and these cost £799.48 so I would be suggesting to the dealer that they at least contributed.

Smithie Lot

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Fortunately it might not come to that as I spent time jiggling about with the power unit button and the display came back on so we shall wait and see what happens.