Yellow emulsified oil gunge in crankcase of new Karog 2lt diesel

cgc

Reaction score
Checked dip stick in my new Karoq 2lt diesel @ 1000 mls completely gunged up with yellow stuff like as in end of life car ! anyone else seen this ?

also some times when I put in my garage this daft electirc brake system won`t let it out -eventually after turning everything on/off a few times it decides it is safe to go out any clues as what is going on

cgc

Reaction score
Get it to the dealer
Asked them about it but they didn`t think it was important said I could book it in for a look in 2 weeks . Is this a wet lined engine ? could be a leaky liner seal >All the new diesels I`ve had did a (free) 1500ml oil change but this one doesn`t - the oil looks horrible with yellow lumps in it so may get an oil condition report done as I work on marine diesels

The Hood

Reaction score
If I were you I would go to the dealer get hold of the service manager and show him. Then if they are still not interested I would tell the dealer that I am going to send a couple of pictures to Skoda UK making sure you tell them the dealer refused to take any interest.

The Hood

Reaction score
Just had another idea, if it is under warranty call Skoda assist (don't mention the dealer) and tell them you are scared to use it in case it damages the engine. They will probably take it off the road.
I had an exhaust leak that the dealer did not want to know about. I called Skoda assist told them I felt groggy and when he turned up I wiped my had on the exhaust. He was horrified to see soot on my hand and condemned my vehicle. On the spot he arranged a loan car and for mine to go into the dealer, as he was about to go off shift, he collected my car from my house personally the next morning.
A couple of hours after my car was condemned a private car arrived at my house and took me to a Europe Hire car hire centre, where I picked a replacement car for the duration of the repairs and I left the hire car at the dealer when mine was repaired.

cgc

Reaction score
Just had another idea, if it is under warranty call Skoda assist (don't mention the dealer) and tell them you are scared to use it in case it damages the engine. They will probably take it off the road. I had an exhaust leak that the dealer did not want to know about. I called Skoda assist told them I felt groggy and when he turned up I wiped my had on the exhaust. He was horrified to see soot on my hand and condemned my vehicle. On the spot he arranged a loan car and for mine to go into the dealer, as he was about to go off shift, he collected my car from my house personally the next morning. A couple of hours after my car was condemned a private car arrived at my house and took me to a Europe Hire car hire centre, where I picked a replacement car for the duration of the repairs and I left the hire car at the dealer when mine was repaired.

Last edited by a moderator:

cgc

Reaction score
Took it to dealer who changed oil -problem hasnt come back

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We have just had this on an S5 cabrio, the engine is totalled... £19300 plus installation for a new unit as Audi do not consider it rebuildable.